- Team USA’s Queen Underwood and Danyelle Wolf to Compete in Tuesday’s Women’s Continental Championships Action
- Sampson Boxing Signs Prospect Duo from Houston
- WBC: Mayweather-Pacquiao
- FRANK GALARZA REFLECTS ON PAST WEEKEND’S IMPRESSIVE VICTORY
- Date change and undercard announced – Golden Boy Live! at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
- Abraham: I’m ready to defend my title on Saturday night
Dickinson vs Dolan weigh in for British cruiserweight title fight
Frank Maloney in association with Phil Jeffries and Loaded TV presents Championship Boxing
Big-punching local lads Jon Lewis Dickinsonand David Dolan today weighed in for their British cruiserweight title fight tomorrow evening at The Rainton Meadows Arena, Sunderland, to be shown live and exclusive on Loaded TV (Sky Ch. 200, first fight 7pm) and sponsored by Southwark Metals, The All Inclusive Club and Westminster Waste.
Genuine local pride and bragging rights are at stake for the pair which will no doubt have played heavily on their minds as they trained for tomorrow’s contest. Defending championDickinson weighed in at 14st 2½lbs, a healthy one-and-a-half lbs under the cruiserweight limit, with challenger Dolan 0.5 lbs heavier at 14st 3lbs.
Scottish heavyweight Gary Cornish is the chief support as he attempts to extend his unbeaten record against Jakov Gospic on the path he hopes to take to become Scotland’s first British heavyweight champion.
Promoter Frank Maloney said: “Tomorrow’s bill is the latest in the North East, an area with a thriving boxing scene. For all of my interest in heavyweight boxing, I believe the cruiserweights can bring the same excitement and with such a packed division, fans can look forward to many more quality fights.
“Without Phil Jeffries this event would be almost impossible. He keeps a keen eye on all of the growing, local talent and helps on all levels in making the greatest fights.
“Fans can expect many more top nights in and around Sunderland.”
Promising Scarborough cruiserweight Danny Price, meanwhile, will be attempting to fight his way into title contention and potentially face the winner of Dickinson versus Dolan in one of Britain’s most competitive divisions when he takes on Tamas Bajzath.
Also featuring on the undercard are an array of competitive match-ups between some of Britain’s most exciting fighters, particularly more of the North East’s most talented.
Birtley light heavyweight Travis Dickinsonmeets Scunthorpe’s Jody Meikle, Easington welterweight Paul Archer faces Brighton’sKevin McCauley, Hartlepool super featherweight Peter Cope challenges David Lake of South Shields, and Fishburn light welterweight Gary Fox is up against Mark McKray of Tottenham.
Finally, South Shields bantamweight Anthony Nelson is to fight Francis Croes of Middlesbrough, Gateshead welterweightRobert Dixon faces Marek Laskowski while Spennymoor’s Ben Jackson makes his professional debut at light welterweight against Sid Razak of Birmingham.
Tickets priced at £35 and £75 are available from Frank Maloney Promotions Box Office on www.frankmaloney.com.
Dickinson v Dolan is live and exclusive on Loaded TV (Sky Ch. 200;www.loaded.tv/home).
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Canelo Alvarez Signs Major Agreement with HBO Sports
- Canelo back at HBO; next fight likely Joshua Clottey on December 6th
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint