- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Dmitriy Salita attends 50th Anniversary celebration of Dr. King’s “Dream” speech
On Tuesday, January 22nd, many performers and community leaders gathered at the Gem Theater in Detroit, Michigan, to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King’s iconic “I Have a Dream” speech. The special celebration consisted of a concert and special award ceremony that was highlighted by keynote speaker and civil rights activist Dr. Clarence B. Jones.
Because of boxing’s unique role in the American Civil Rights movement, the sport was appropriately represented by Welterweight contender Dmitriy Salita and trainer Javan “Sugar” Hill.
The Ukrainian born pugilist commented on the singular event and how Dr. King’s vision impacted the current climate of American society.
“It was a true honor to attend such an historic event with my trainer and friend Javan “Sugar” Hill,” expounded Dmitriy Salita. “It was a great occasion for the city of Detroit, celebrating their role in shaping the eventual ‘March on Washington’ of August, 1963. It was a very special gathering.”
Dr. King’s speech at the ‘Great March on Detroit’ in June of 1963 was a major component and precursor for the world renowned ‘I Have a Dream’ speech take took place just two months later in Washington D.C. Half a century ago, the great civil rights leader stood before a wave of 25,000 people at Cobo Hall in Detroit, Michigan and delivered his time honored message of civil unity.
“It was a real privilege to meet Dr. Clarence B. Jones, who directly worked with Dr. Martin Luther King in developing the eventual ‘I Have a Dream’ speech. It has been a very special and gratifying experience to be a part of the Detroit community for the past three years. I have developed an immense respect and sincere affection for the great people of Detroit.”
“Speaking as an immigrant and minority in American society, I believe that Dr. King’s powerful vision has been largely fulfilled. The fact that I can proudly walk the streets of this country wearing a Yakima, while feeling genuinely accepted is a testament to this.”
“The civil rights movement that was championed by Dr. King is a vision for all citizens of every ethnic, spiritual, and social background to embrace, and it’s very important for every member of society to reflect on the importance of Dr. King’s role in shaping the current social climate in America.”
Mr. Salita is currently training in Detroit, Michigan, in preparation for his February 9th bout with Hector Camacho Jr, which is slated to take place in Brooklyn, New York, at Barclays Center. The talented boxer/puncher has been working meticulously with trainer “Sugar” Hill and many of the gifted fighters who have previously trained at the world renowned Kronk Gym.
“I am very thankful to be a part of this great event in Brooklyn, and am also grateful for this opportunity to further my dream of becoming a world champion. I know that Hector Camacho Jr. will be focused and prepared for this crucial fight, so it is imperative that I give this entire training camp my best effort.”
“I will be ready for the best version of Hector Camacho Jr on fight night. I must be successful on February 9th”
The Dmitriy Salita vs. Hector Camacho Jr., “Battle of the Boroughs” special attraction, will be one of eight incredible fights on the February 9th bout sheet at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
The talent enriched fight card will be headlined by “Danny Garcia vs. Zab Judah”, a 12-round title bout for Garcia’s Unified Junior Welterweight World Championship, and is presented by Golden Boy Promotions.
The SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING telecast begins live at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast). Preliminary fights will air live on SHOWTIME EXTREME®.
Tickets, priced at $206, $106, and $56, are on sale now and are available for purchase at WWW.DSALITA.COM , or by calling 646-481-5558.
20% Group Discount is available for 10 tickets or more.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-481-5558
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say