- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Donaire to try and make 122 for Darchinyan rematch
Nonito Donaire (31-2, 20 KO’s) said the other night that he’s walking around at 145 lbs. right now, and he’s going to see if he can drop the weight to take a fight against Vic Darchinyan in October or November. However, he’s not really sure if he can take that much weight off without being brittle for his next fight, and he prefers that not happen.
If Donaire doesn’t feel good in trying to get down to 122, he’s going to move up to 126 and go after one of the world titles at that weight. Donaire would be looking to face the likes of Chris John or Evgeny Gradovich.
Donaire said to the Manila Standard “I got to see what my weight is because I’m over 140 pounds right now and I have two months to get down to 122. If I can’t, I will move up to 126.”
Unfortunately, Donaire doesn’t have a lot of options at featherweight for him to fight as far as the champions go. He probably won’t get a fight against Golden Boy promoted WBC featherweight champion Abner Mares, and Donaire won’t fight his good friend and stable-mate WBO featherweight champion Mikey Garcia.
Getting a fight against WBA Super World featherweight champion Chris John could prove all but impossible for Donaire unless Top Rank can make a huge enough offer for John to take the fight. One possibility is little known WBA featherweight champion Nicholas Walters.
Donaire could possibly get a fight against him and possibly pick up his title. However, that would be a tough fight for Donaire because Walters can really punch and it might be an easy fight for Donaire. Walters is a tall fighter and like a more powerful version of Jeffrey Mathebula. Donaire struggled against Mathebula at times. Walters might have too much power and size for Donaire.
Donaire wants to win a world title at 126 and then move up to 130 and win another world title. It might be better for Donaire to go straight to 130 because there are more options at that weight than at 126 at this moment.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say