- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Donyil Livingston to face Luis Arias on Mayweather vs. Guerrero Undercard
April 12, 2013 -The Mayweather-Guerrero undercard is continuing to take shape with the untelevised portion of the card getting a boost in the form of Californian based middleweight DonYil Livingston (8-2-1, 4KOs) squaring off against highly touted Mayweather promoted prospect Luis Arias (4-0, 3KOs). The 8 round contest will be fought at a catch weight of 165 lbs and both fighters will be looking to put on a show in front of a rambunctious crowd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Livingston will be looking to get back into the win column, although he will have a substantial advantage over Arias in the experience department. While Arias has competed on 3 different occasions this year, Livingston will be making his first appearance of 2013. However, Livingston is clearly the most significantly skilled opponent in Arias’ career and the step up will determine just how ready the 22 year old prospect really is at this point. Livingston will look to take advantage of that inexperience.
“The kid is on fire right now, but he’s never seen anyone like me and it’s going to be too much too soon. I give him credit for stepping up like this because most fighters try to pad their record at such an early stage. I’ll get the win and he’ll get the learning experience, I think that’s a fair trade,” Livingston said.
Livingston is competing against a Mayweather Promotions’ fighter on a card headlined by Floyd Mayweather Jr., but Mario Yagobi of Boxing 360, Livingston’s promoter, is ecstatic with the opportunity that is being presented to his fighter.
“DonYil gets the chance to perform on the undercard of the biggest event of the year and he has to take full advantage. With the expected atmosphere that night it is important to make the best effort at turning some heads, DonYil is capable of doing just that. He isn’t the kind of fighter who underestimates opponents, regardless of experience. He knows how good his opponent is and how important this fight is for turning his future aspirations into reality, he will use his ring experience to get the win and build some momentum,” Yagobi said.
DonYil Livingstion is promoted by Boxing 360. For more information on Livingston please visit www.boxing360.com.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity