- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Howard Davis Jr. “Donovan, you don’t stand a chance against Dyah”
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS CONFIRMED FOR INAUGURAL BOX FAN EXPO TO TAKE PLACE SEPT. 13 IN LAS VEGAS
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
Double Trouble 2
Professional boxing returns to Walsall Town Hall in November with EJKO Promotions’ mouth-watering ‘Double Trouble 2’.
The show, on Saturday, 16th November, features a British Title Eliminator and British Masters Title fight at the top of the bill plus seven intriguing undercard bouts.
After recovering from their respective injuries, Cradley’s Chris Male (12-1) and Coventry’s Troy James (14-2-1) go head to head for a shot at the British Super Featherweight Title.
The Midlands pair were due to meet earlier this month but Male suffered a calf injury and James was struck down by illness. Now fully recovered, the pair lockhorns with the victor moving up the rankings and closer to a shot at the British Super Featherweight belt, currently held by Liverpool’s Stephen ‘Swifty’ Smith (17-1).
There’s also a title on the line. Stourbridge’s former Midlands Area Welterweight Champion, Steven Pearce (7-2) takes on Stafford’s Rob Hunt (17-2-2) for a British Masters Welterweight strap.
28-year old Pearce will be entering the ring for the first time since losing his Midlands Area Title to Sam Eggington in April and will be keen to get back to winning ways.
Hunt, 27, made an impressive return to the ring earlier this month with a convincing victory over Andrew Patterson at the Town Hall having been inactive since bowing out of Prizefighter with a deep cut at the turn of the year.
“It’s going to be an exciting show,” explained Promoter, Errol Johnson. “Male and James is a real 50/50 fight, so is Pearce and Hunt.
“There’s not much separating the fighters so boxing fans are in for a real treat. We’ve got seven fights on the undercard too, so it’s going to be a great night of boxing.”
Walsall’s, Chris Keane (10-1), is chief support. The Midlands Area Cruiserweight Champion defeated experienced Lithuanian Remigijus Ziausys for a second time earlier this month and will be looking for a sterner test this time around.
West Bromwich welterweight, Tom Stokes (3-0), will be hoping to make it a hat-trick of victories in his third professional fight whilst Tipton featherweight, Lee Glover (7-1), is also in action.
Stafford’s undefeated super middleweight, Grant Cunningham (8-0) features alongside Stoke lightweight, Andy Keates (7-1) and debutants Lennox Clarke (Halesowen super middleweight) and Ainsley Ratcliffe (Tipton flyweight) complete the card.
Tickets, priced at £30 and £60 Ringside, are available from Walsall Town Hall Box Office on 0845 111 2900. The aftershow party will take place at The Pitch Sports Bar and Grill, Bridge Street, Walsall.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent