- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Golovkin vs. Rubio, October 18 at StubHub Center
- Pacquiao & Algieri 27,000-Mile Media Tour Starts Monday!
- United States’ Boxers Undergo Final Preparations for Youth Olympic Games Competition in China
- GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS, FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES CELEBRATE THE ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES
- WBO VISITS BOXING GYMS IN PUERTO RICO TO HAND OUT PREPAID CARDS TO STUDENT-BOXERS
- How World Champion Sindy Amador Developed her Love for the Sweet Science
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
Dudley’s Spencer Looking To Build At Burton
By Daniel Mole: Dudley light middleweight, Kyle Spencer, is looking to build on his solid start to life as a professional boxer when he boxes at Burton Town Hall next Friday.
‘The Style’ appears on the undercard of Luke Gallear and Joel Ryan’s Midland Area Welterweight Title fight on Friday, 1st March looking to record a fifth straight victory.
The 23 year-old’s last outing was a convincing points win over William Warbuton back in November and he can’t wait to be back in the ring.
“I’m really looking forward to getting back in there,” he told www.uko-boxining.com. “I haven’t been in the ring since I beat Warburton back in November but I’ve been sparring some decent lads and that’s kept me sharp.
“I’ve got rounds in against Andrew Robinson, Chris Male and Steve Pearce. They are all quality lads, so that’s helped.
“I want to be busy this year. I’ve only just turned 23. I’ve got plenty of time and I want to do things the right way. I want to build myself up and develop as a fighter. I’m on a winning streak, so long may that continue.”
Spencer faces Swadlincote rookie, Jimmy Price, on the Burton Bill. 19 year-old Price has only had one professional fight to date. That was back in September 2011 when he drew with fellow debutant, Chris Jenkinson.
After such inactivity, Price is something of an unknown but Spencer won’t be underestimating his opponent.
“I don’t know much about him,” he added. “He’s had one fight and drew that, so he’s a bit of an unknown. I won’t be going in there all guns blazing.
“I’ll suss him out first and then work on my game plan. I’m at that stage of my career when I just need ring experience and to build my record.
“I’ve never fought at Burton Town Hall but I’m told there’s a cracking atmosphere there. I’m looking forward to the experience.”
As well as Spencer versus Price and Gallear versus Ryan, Tamworth’s Matt Seawright (3-69-4) takes on Exeter’s Faheem Khan (4-0-1) and Burton’s Tom Shaw (8-1) will also be in action.
Tickets for the Errol Johnson-Promoted Show are priced at £30 unreserved seating and £50 Ringside. They are available from Burton Town Hall Box Office on 0128 350 8547. Doors open at 7.00pm with boxing commencing at 8.00pm.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook