Ytalo Perea vs. Excell Holmes on Thursday, February 21st
New York, NY(2/13/13) – Next Thursday, February 21, DiBella Entertainment will present the latest installment of its Broadway Boxing series. Headlining the card is WBA #10-rated junior welterweight Thomas Dulorme (16-1, 12KO’s).
Making his much-anticipated pro debut on the card-featuring a number of DBE’s most promising young stars-will be Ecuadorian heavyweight Olympian Ytalo Perea. The 19-year-old Perea is set to take on Buffalo’s Excell Holmes (2-1-1, 1KO) in a four-round heavyweight special attraction.
Perea, the 2011 Pan-Amercian Heavyweight Champion and 2012 Olympian, relocated to the US at the beginning of 2013 to pursue his dream of becoming a world champion. Perea has set up shop at the famed Gleason’s Gym in Brooklyn and has been training with renowned boxing coach Tommy Gallagher. When introduced to Perea, Gallagher, who also trains DBE’s junior welterweight contender Gabriel Bracero, was absolutely blown away by the Ecuadorian’s skill, speed and power.
Gallagher, who has been around the boxing world for decades, has called Perea one of the best prospects that he has ever seen in this sport.
Promoter Lou DiBella is anxiously awaiting the moment Perea steps foot into the professional prize ring for the very first time, as he sees big things on the horizon for the young heavyweight.
“I have heard nothing but terrific things about Ytalo thus far and I am looking forward to seeing Ytalo in action next Thursday night,” said DiBella. “We anticipate a very bright future for Ytalo and are excited to be a part of what we expect to be a great career.”
“I am very excited for my debut,” began Perea. “I have always dreamed of becoming a profesional fighter who draws great crowds to come out and see me do what I love to do. This debut will be in honor of every single kid who comes from a ghetto or a slum anywhere in the world. I am very anxious and grateful for this opportunity, and cannot wait to finally hear that bell ring.”
The 10-bout card is promoted by DiBella Entertainment (DBE) and sponsored by Manfredi Auto Group, Newlio.com, and Everlast. The event will be broadcast live on broadband through GFL.TV. SNY will broadcast the event tape-delayed. Tickets are currently on sale and can be purchased through Ticketmaster by calling (800) 745-3000. Tickets are priced at $125, $85, $65 and $45. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. ET with the first bout scheduled for 7 p.m. ET.
- Adrien Broner and Marcos Maidana media conference call MEDIA
- Three R&R Promotions fighters collect WBC USA titles over the weekend
- Josesito Lopez quotes
- Manny Pacquiao Is Back On April 12, At The MGM Grand, Las Vegas
- Bob Arum: “We’re Willing To Make Anything Happen”
- De La Hoya, Trinidad and Calzaghe all headed into The Hall of Fame – all three greats fully deserving of the honour
- Boxing Hall Of Fame: Class of 2014 Announced in Canastota!
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights
- Stevenson obliterates Bellew; Kovalev crushes Sillakh