- Payasito” Hernandez Team will ask for Purse Bid
- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
Edwards looks to start his empire with a British title against McPhilbin
Exciting cruiserweight Menay ‘The Emperor’ Edwards looks to get his career back on track when he takes on former British champion Shane McPhilbin at York Hall on March 9th. Edwards (8-2) lost his last contest on points after a war against current WBO International champion Neil Dawson in a fight which saw both boxers on the floor.
Edwards subsequently split from his management team and feels rejuvenated after signing up with the up and coming Goodwin Promotions stable.
“With the support of Steve Goodwin’s team I have no doubt that 2013 is going to be a massive year. I am looking for a British title shot towards the end of the year.”
The York Hall show is a typically packed Goodwin card, featuring ten fights, including a Southern Area super-featherweight title bout between Luton’s Michael ‘Chunky’ Devine and Dan Naylor.
Also featured is a bout entitled ‘Revenge for the Sparta’ in which exciting middleweight Lee ‘The Banjo’ Markham, fresh from two televised stoppage wins, boxes Jamie Boness over six rounds. Boness stopped Markham’s gym mate Kevin Greenwood inside a round in 2012 and Lee wants revenge for the Sparta Gym.
Former Prizefighter winner Michael Lomax makes his return to the ring after his reversal last time against Matthew Hatton. Lomax, like Edwards, has since signed a deal with the Goodwin team and takes part in a six-round welterweight contest against ultra-tough Arvydas Trizno from Lithuania.
The impressive ‘Smokin’ Joe Mullender has won three out of three contests and takes on Latvian number one Jevgenijs Andrejevs over six-threes at middleweight. Andrejevs has won two of his last three fights.
Super-middleweight Miley Cash makes his eagerly awaited professional debut in a four-round contest. Miley takes on Irishman Joe Rea, a semi-finallist in Prizefighter last year. It shows how confident the Cash team are in taking such a hard contest for his debut.
Boxing starts at 5.30 pm and tickets can be obtained fromwww.goodwinpromotions.co.uk
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- Golovkin vs. Geale: Will Daniel thrive or try to survive?
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes