- Video - Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Alex Ariza Explains The Maidana Video
- Mayweather heads for 2014 bout with Pacquiao: belt or no belt?
- Adrien Broner – the showman’s showdown
- Video: Floyd Mayweather Discusses Future Opponents
- Broner/Maidana Fight: Formal Investigation Into Cheating Allegations
- Light Heavyweight Anatoliy Dudchenko Inks With Main Events
- Mendez not leaving Barthelemy Jan. 3 World title fight in judges’ hands
- Usmanee vs Rodriguez on Friday Night Fights, January 10 at Emerald Queen Casino
- Video: Floyd Mayweather Talks About Mayweather Promotions
- Lewis Rees looks to close the year with a sparkling performance
- Selby vs Munroe on Feb 1
- Would Floyd have beaten Maidana if he had moved up in weight so quickly?
- Martin Murray vs Miguel Cotto
- I Think Adrien Broner Will Be A FUTURE Legend
- Will A Japanese Boxer Ever Be WBC Heavyweight Champion?
- Brandon Rios call out Provodnikov, who wins?
- Viktor Postol..
- The Courage of Tommy Burns
- At the age of 24 who was more impressive against Maidana- Khan or Broner?
Edwin Rodriguez preparing for fight against Maderna on March 30th
New York, NY (3/8/13) – When Edwin Rodriguez (22-0, 15KO’s) steps into the ring in the opening round of the upcoming coveted “Monte-Carlo Million Dollar Super 4″ Tournament in Monaco on March 30 against Olympian Ezequiel Osvaldo Maderna (19-0, 13KO’s), he will be looking to take a major step toward fulfilling his ultimate goal of becoming a world champion. Rodriguez, the IBF #3, WBC #3, WBA #3, WBO #12 and Ring Magazine #10-rated super middleweight in the world, is considered by many to be the favorite in the tournament. Winning the tournament carries a 60% split of the $1,000,000 grand prize, as well as practically securing a world title shot for the Dominican-born Rodriguez. If you ask the always-colorful Rodriguez, though, the real champions in his family are his two six-year-old twins, Edwin Jr. and Serena.
The story of Edwin and his wife Stephanie’s family since the twins were born severely premature more than six years ago has been well-documented during Edwin’s climb up the professional ranks. Numerous articles have been written and television networks ESPN, Showtime and HBO have all commented on it during Edwin’s fights. But when Edwin and his family sat down with esteemed boxing writer Ron Borges for a piece the esteemed reporter was planning on doing for the upcoming April issue of The Ring Magazine, no one could have expected the outcome. What transcribed was a mammoth 10-page feature spread, one of the longest articles ever published in the historic magazine’s existence.
“I am honored and humbled that The Ring Magazine thought enough of my family’s story to dedicate so many pages to it,” said Rodriguez. “It’s great that this article is bringing awareness to premature births, autism and C.P.”
“Ron Borges did a fantastic job in this extensive profile of Edwin and his family,” stated Rodriguez’ long-time promoter Lou DiBella. I urge everyone to read it, and truly understand just what Edwin is fighting for.”
“I was fortunate to meet Edwin at the recent WBC convention. We struck up an DBE immediate rapport. I’ve long admired him as a fighter, but his humility and warmth are even more impressive. He’s a real rolemodel, a pleasure to deal with and deserves to go far. He’s definitely among the new wave of boxers to be on the look out for. The Monte Carlo Million Dollar Super 4 will be the ideal opportunity for him to showcase his skills,” said Rodney Berman, President of Golden Gloves, LTD; promoter of the Super 4 Tournament.
“Edwin’s story is a story of regular people doing extraordinary things,” said Rodriguez’ manager Larry Army. “In a sport where so many people are interested on the negative stories of fighters, it’s refreshing to see such a great and historical magazine focusing on such a positive story.”
“Super middleweight contender Edwin Rodriquez is one of the world’s best boxers but his two young children are the real fighters in his family. Their 122-day fight for life is a champion’s story, just as their father hopes one day his story will be,” said Borges.
The event on March 30 is headlined by red-hot WBA middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (25-0, 22KO’s) defending his title against former world champion Nobuhiro Ishida (24-8-2, 9KO’s). The opening round of the Super 4 tournament matches Edwin Rodriguez (22-0, 15KO’s) against Argentinean Olympian Ezequiel Osvaldo Maderna (19-0, 13KO’s) and former two-division world champion Zsolt Erdei (33-0, 18KO’s) squaring off against Denis Grachev (12-1-1, 8KO’s). The two finalists will split a $1,000,000 total purse on a 60-40 basis, in Monaco in July as part of the commemoration of Nelson Mandela’s 95th Birthday Celebration.
The European junior middleweight title bout between champion Sergey Rabchenko, of Belarus, and Adriano Nicchi, of Italy, will also be featured on the March 30 event.
The “Monte-Carlo Million Dollar Super 4″ is distributed in the United States and Canada by Integrated Sports Media for live viewing at 3:00 p.m. ET/12:00 p.m. PT on both cable and satellite Pay-Per-View via iN Demand, DIRECTV, DISH and Avail-TVN in the United States and in Canada via Bell TV for a suggest retail price of only $24.95. In addition, the event will be available via online Pay-Per-View at: http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Boxing/Gennady_Golovkin_vs_Nobuhiro_Ishida/1896
The event on the March 30 will mark the first professional boxing card to take place in the country since 2006. Monaco, one of the most exclusive vacation destinations in the world and situated on the Mediterranean Sea in South West Europe, attracts millions of visitors each year. The Monte-Carlo Casino, owned and operated by the Société des bains de mer de Monaco, is the premier casino destination in Europe. The Monte-Carlo Casino continues to attract some of the wealthiest and most well known celebrities and aristocrats throughout the world.
The event is promoted by Rodney Berman’s Golden Gloves. The Golovkin-Ishida bout is promoted in association with K2 Promotions, while the Rodriguez-Maderna and Erdei-Grachev bouts are promoted in association with DiBella Entertainment.
Tickets can be purchased by contacting the SBM Reservations Department by phone at: +377 98 06 36 36 (10 am to 7 pm) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jhonny Gonzalez vs. Abner Mares” Announced For Feb. 15, 2014 At Staples Center – Tickets On Sale Tomorrow At 10 a.m. PT
- Floyd Mayweather’s Trainer: Adrien Broner SUCKS … Don’t EVER Compare Him to Floyd!
- WBC News On Klitschko, Stiverne, Arreola
- Opponent Change For Frankie Gavin
- Vitali Klitschko may have vacated the WBC crown, but it could soon be back in the Klitschko family…
- Video – Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Adrien Broner – the showman’s showdown
- Odom and Barnwell Score Wins
- Maidana Shocked the Boxing World with an Upset Victory over Broner
- Broner gets beat up and knocked down by Maidana
- Marcos Maidana solves The Problem
- Maidana punishes Broner – a hype job exposed, or can Broner bounce back?
- Kubrat Pulev stops late sub Joey Abell to defend his IBF intercontinental title
- WBA Interim Welterweight title holder Keith Thurman stops Jesus Soto Karass in nine