- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
Edwin Rodriguez vs. Denis Grachev Monte-Carlo Million Dollar Super 4 finale this Saturday, July 13 in Monaco
New York, NY (7/9/13) – Promoter Lou DiBella is entering a busy and very significant three-week stretch for his company DiBella Entertainment (DBE), starting with Edwin Rodriguez (23-0, 15KO’s) and Denis Grachev (13-1-1, 8KO’s) squaring off in the Monte-Carlo Million Dollar Super 4 Finale from the Salle des Etoiles in Monte Carlo, Monaco. The tournament, which began on March 30, and is promoted by Rodney Berman’s Golden Gloves, carries a $1,000,000 grand prize with a 60/40 split going to the tournament champion. Rodriguez-Grachev is scheduled for 10 rounds at a catch-weight of 171½ lbs. Rodriguez-Grachev is being distributed worldwide by leading boxing rights distributor Octapixx LIVE, and will be broadcast live in the United States on beIN Sport USA at 3:00pm ET. It will also be transmitted live on top channels in many international territories including SuperSport in Africa; Space in Latin America; Al Jazeera Sport in the Middle East; beIN Sport France; Russia 2; BoxNation in the United Kingdom; and more.
The following Friday, July 19, DBE will promote that week’s edition of ESPN’s Friday Night Fights from the historic Rockingham Park in Salem, New Hampshire. In the 10-round main event, recent world title challenger and top junior welterweight contender Olusegun Ajose (31-1, 14KO’s) looks to inch one step closer to another world title opportunity when he takes on longtime lightweight contender “Hammerin” Hank Lundy (22-3-1, 11KO’s). Lundy is looking to bounce back after suffering consecutive losses to Raymundo Beltran (MD10) and Victor Postal (UD12).
The following Wednesday, July 24, DBE teams up with Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson’s SMS Promotions to bring an exciting 10-bout Broadway Boxing card to NYC’s famed Roseland Ballroom in Midtown Manhattan. Headlining the card will be former junior middleweight champion Yuri Foreman (30-2, 8KO’s) as he takes on Jamaal Davis (14-9-1, 6KO’s). After nearly a two-year hiatus from the ring, Foreman returned in January of this year under the DBE banner and has reeled off two consecutive victories. Foreman is looking to return to his championship form, but must first get past Davis in their scheduled eight-rounder. Additional bouts, including some of DBE and SMS Promotions’ top up-and-coming talent, will be announced shortly.
“The middle of July is chock-full of action for DiBella Entertainment and its fighters,” stated DiBella. “This Saturday, Edwin Rodriguez faces the toughest challenge of his life in the finale of the Million Dollar Super 4 when he squares off against the tough-as-nails and fellow world-rated contender Denis Grachev. The following week, Ajose can re-emphasize his status as one of the top 140-pounders in the world with a victory over Hank Lundy. Then just a few days later, on June 24, we are excited to bring yet another exciting local NYC Broadway Boxing card headlined by Yuri Foreman on his championship comeback trail. That show is promoted in association with our great partner 50 Cent and everyone at SMS Promotions. The event will feature some of the most promising young prospects from both of our rosters.”
The event on July 19 is promoted in association with Gary Shaw Productions, Jimmy Burchfield’s Classic Entertainment Sports and Rumble Time Promotions. Tickets are currently on sale and are priced at $75 VIP reserved, $45 reserved and $35 for general admission. Tickets can be purchased by calling 603-898-2311. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. ET, with the first bout scheduled for 8 p.m. ET. ESPN goes on the air at 10:30 p.m. ET and will be aired on ESPN2, ESPN Deportes and WatchESPN.
The card on July 24 is promoted in association with Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson’s SMS Promotions and sponsored by Manfredi Auto Group, Newlio.com, and Everlast. SNY will broadcast the event tape-delayed. Tickets are currently on sale and can be purchased through Ticketmaster by calling (800) 745-3000. Tickets are priced at $125, $85, $65 and $45. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. ET with the first bout scheduled for 7 p.m. ET.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity