- Collazo wants Khan on Mayweather-Maidana undercard
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Broner: I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan!
- Solis to face Tony Thompson for the WBC international championship on March 22nd
- "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO" FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES
- JOSHUA CLOTTEY heads to Australia for Showdown with ANTHONY MUNDINE on April 2
- Donovan George return to the ring postponed to April 18
- GLORY 14 ZAGREB & ZAGREB SUPERFIGHT SERIES WEIGH-IN RESULTS
- WBC News
- Weights for “Horseshoe Presents: Fight Night at the Belvedere” 3.7.14
- RICKY HATTON UP AGAINST HARRY REDKNAPP AND ALEX FERGUSON
- GB Boxing names 10 seeded boxers to compete in England Boxing’s National Senior Elite Finals
Erik Pfeifer lights up APB “Boxer of the Week” campaign
Lausanne, Switzerland, 25 May 2013 – The AIBA Pro Boxing (APB) “Boxer of the Week” campaign put the spotlight on German powerhouse Erik Pfeifer over the last days.
Highlighting the power of social media, APB has taken a new approach to conducting official interviews during this campaign by allowing boxing fans themselves to lead on the questioning. By the end of this week’s campaign, Pfeifer had received questions from fans based in 10 different countries via APB’s facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/APB.Boxing). Although still only nascent, the organisation has almost doubled its followers since the campaign started two weeks ago.
In his interview, Pfeifer talks about his first steps in boxing, his idols and his pastimes outside the sport. The boxer also explained that he is looking forward to competing in this new and exciting pro style competition: APB. Pfeifer’s participation in APB may begin even before the organisation’s official launch in 2014. As was announced a few days ago, a number of APB exhibition bouts will take place on July 19th in Korea (http://bit.ly/13KzDAm) with more events anticipated to follow around the world. Pfeifer may well be one of those boxers making an appearance in Korea or elsewhere.
Asked by young boxers who have been inspired by his example, what the most important characteristics for a boxer are Erik Pfeifer’s stressed how important it is “never to give up” no matter what happens.
Follow the link (http://bit.ly/12SenaN) to read his full interview.
Olympic and AIBA World Champion, WSB Dolce & Gabbana Italia Thunder poster-boy Clemente Russo will be the third athlete in the “Boxer of the Week” campaign. He will be interviewed via APB’s facebook based “fan sourcing” between May 27th and the 31st.
APB’s “Boxer of the Week” campaign was launched on May 13th. It is designed to unveil the entire APB boxers’ roster athlete by athlete.
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Chavez Jr. decisions Vera II; Salido beats Lomachenko
- Full Fight Video: Abraham Beats Stieglitz, first defense scheduled for May 31st
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Ricardo Alvarez vs. Sergio Thompson Elevated To Saturday’s SHOWTIME PPV Telecast
- Underdog Angulo to use incarceration to inspire victory over Canelo as trainer Hunter predicts a ‘savage affair’ ahead of clash live on BoxNation
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- Hunter confident Khan will get Mayweather fight in the near future
- Hopkins vs. Shumenov on April 19th on Showtime at DC Armory in Washington, D.C
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES