Erik Pfeifer puts pen to paper with APB
Lausanne, Switzerland, 24 January 2013 – AIBA Pro Boxing (APB) is pleased to announce that it has added to its already impressive roster of boxers the 2011 AIBA World Boxing Championships bronze medallist Erik Pfeifer from Germany. The 26-year-old Heavyweight (+91kg) has put pen to paper to take part in the competition’s World Level.
One of the stars of the World Series of Boxing (WSB) third campaign with his team German Eagles, the tactically astute Pfeifer has lit up the tournament with three wins in his three outings so far and has excelled in the pro style of boxing. Clever and powerful, his economical but precise shot-making skills have delighted crowds each time he has taken to the ring.
His addition to the APB ranks will help boost the profile of the competition even further with Germany one of the hubs of the boxing world. The capture of Pfeifer is a real message of intent, with the orthodox fighter one of the shining lights of WSB.
AIBA will launch APB in the fall of 2013, a fully professional competition that will still allow boxers to compete at the Olympic Games. APB will revolutionize the world of boxing and establish a blueprint for its development. With a clear and transparent competition structure based only on their performance and a secured plan of career, APB is the best proposal that boxers could expect.
- Braekhus to fight Myriam Lamare in Frederikshavn on January 18
- Clarke Back In Action
- Beard Backs Malinga To Beat Hall For World Crown
- ‘Rocky’ Returns After Two Years Out At Wigan
- Michael Jennings: “Matty can’t think past his next fight”
- Price’s ring-return delayed by virus
- Lionell Thompson plans to destroy Ryan Coyne Saturday in Atlantic City
- Thrill-a-minute slugger James Kirkland is BACK!
- Dazzling Darren Barker fails to weather the Sturm; Post Fight Video Interviews
- Sakio Bika Draws With Anthony Dirrell: Retains WBC 168 lb Strap
- Malignaggi defeats Judah, wants Broner-Maidana winner
- Rigondeaux dominates Agbeko; Macklin defeats Russ; Kirkland stops Tapia
- Malignaggi decisions Judah; Porter defeats Alexander; Lara beats Trout
- Italy 4-1 Germany: Team Deutschland crushed