- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Weights from “New Blood” in Corona, CA
- Howard Davis Jr. “Donovan, you don’t stand a chance against Dyah”
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS CONFIRMED FOR INAUGURAL BOX FAN EXPO TO TAKE PLACE SEPT. 13 IN LAS VEGAS
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
Esquiva Falcao: “APB exhibition bout in Rio will be historic”
Lausanne, Switzerland, 28 June 2013 – The AIBA Pro Boxing (APB) “Boxer of the Week” campaign turned its attention to Brazil, the host country of the next Olympic Games and dedicated a week to APB Brazilian star Esquiva Falcao.
Rio 2016 will be the first Olympic Games in history allowing pro boxers to compete. As the only qualification pathway available to pros will be through competing in the revolutionary APB program, the upcoming APB exhibition bouts in Rio will be a truly symbolic occasion.
Esquiva Falcao, will be one of those competing. He cannot waitfor the bout,which will take place in the Ginásio do Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, on August 10. “It is an honor to be part of a night that will be a milestone in the history of the sport, both in my country and in the whole world”, said the boxer as he answered his fans questions on facebook. “I will do my very best to make sure all of us leave the venue with smiles on our faces”, promised the boxer as he looks forward to making his home crowd happy.
The London 2012 Olympic silver medallist will face off against Romanian Bogdan Juratony who came home with a EUBC silver Romanian Bogdan Juratony who came home with a EUBC silverEUBC silver medallist, Romanian Bogdan Juratoni in Rio. The APB night on August 10 will also feature another electric fight between Esquiva’s brother, London 2012 Olympic bronze medallist, Yamaguchi Falcao and French World Series of Boxing (WSB) star Michel Tavares.
Answering the questions of his fans, the boxer explained that he is dedicated to doing his best in the pro-style competition in a bid to qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games in his home country.
He admitted the transition to APB will not be easy, but he says he will be “facing it with a lot of determination”.
The legendary Falcao brother also talks about his opponent Bogdan Juratoni from Romania. Even though he is well aware of the Romanian boxer’s potential, he remains confident: “Whoever is coming to face me, will have to overcome a very well prepared Esquiva!”
You can read in the full text of his interview at the AIBA website http://bit.ly/1aTXCjR
APB’s “Boxer of the Week” campaign was launched on May 13th. It is designed to unveil the entire APB boxers’ roster athlete by athlete.
AIBA Pro Boxing (APB) is a pro-style boxing competition program under the governance of the International Boxing Association (AIBA). Prior to the official start of the competition scheduled for January 2014, AIBA will stage a number of APB exhibition bouts all around the globe. These bouts will consist of 8 rounds of 3 minutes and will feature some of the best fighters in the world. All the foreseen events will be considered as exhibitions and therefore will not affect the 2014 APB Ranking.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent