- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
- Red Dawn: Beterbiev vs. Cloud Sept 27 in Montreal
Esquivias vs. Castañeda main event postponed
Orange, Ca (May 14) – The super bantamweight match up between Efrain Esquivias and Roberto Castañeda has been postponed but the rest of the card will go on as planned. The news of the foiled fight between the two pugilists was received late last night when Thompson Boxing’s General Manager/Matchmaker Alex Camponovo received a call from Castañeda’s manager, Juan Bosco Wave, informing him that Castañeda had fallen victim to an attempted car jacking in Mexicali, Mexico, and suffered lacerations to his right cheekbone, which required stitching, and injuries to his upper lip.
“We are glad to hear that besides the injuries and being shaken up by the events, Roberto Castañeda is fine and will resume his training as soon as possible,” said Camponovo from his Orange County based office. “It was a good main event, now it will be slated for one of our summer shows; I feel bad for Efrain Esquivias but there is nothing we can do with situations like this.”
The newly featured main event of the evening showcases Riverside’s Richard “El Terminador” Contreras (10-1-1, 9 KOs) in an 8-round featherweightforagefor victory against Houston’s Victor Sanchez (4-6-1, 1 KO). Contreras seeks to build momentum to the recent victory that he earned on the May 2nd ESPN undercard of Herrera-Kim.
Tickets for “PATH TO GLORY” are priced at $100, $60, and $40. They are available now and may be purchased online by visiting the Thompson Boxing website at www.thompsonboxing.com or by calling 714-935-0900.
On the undercard
San Diego’s Giovanni “El Gallo de Oro” Santillan (7-0, 5 KOs), who recently fought and won late last month at this same venue, will face Jesus Mendez (3-3, 2 KOs) from Houston, TX, who will need to come prepared and expect to feel the rising star’s wrath in the 6-round junior welterweight showdown.
In a junior middleweight bout former 2012 Olympic bronze medalist Taras Shelestyuk (2-0, 2 KOs) of the Ukraine and Mario Angeles (1-3-1) of Mexico City clash in a four round bout. Fight fans should expect a competitive match up between these two fighters from opposite parts of the hemisphere. A four-round super middleweight fight has Riverside’s Rafael Lopez (5-1, 5 KOs) meeting Omar Barefield (0-3) of Los Angeles who is looking for his first win. Lopez is the younger brother of welterweight contender Josesito Lopez. Others on the card include Lancaster’s junior featherweights Johnny Reyes (2-0, 1 KO).
“PATH TO GLORY” is presented by Thompson Boxing Promotions and sponsored by Lucas Oil, in association with Time Warner Cable Deportes. Bouts subject to change. Doors open at 6:30 pm, and the first bell rings at 7:45 pm. TheDoubletree Hotel is located at 222 North Vineyard Avenue in Ontario. The hotel phone number is 909-937-0900.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say