- Video - Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Alex Ariza Explains The Maidana Video
- Mayweather heads for 2014 bout with Pacquiao: belt or no belt?
- Adrien Broner – the showman’s showdown
- Video: Floyd Mayweather Discusses Future Opponents
- Broner/Maidana Fight: Formal Investigation Into Cheating Allegations
- Video: Floyd Mayweather Talks About Mayweather Promotions
- Lewis Rees looks to close the year with a sparkling performance
- Selby vs Munroe on Feb 1
- Tyler Asselstine Back In Action
- Ivan Redkach Headlines Stacked Shobox Quadrupleheader On January 17 Against Tony Luis
- Etches added to same bill as Golovkin and Murray
- Would Floyd have beaten Maidana if he had moved up in weight so quickly?
- Martin Murray vs Miguel Cotto
- I Think Adrien Broner Will Be A FUTURE Legend
- Will A Japanese Boxer Ever Be WBC Heavyweight Champion?
- Brandon Rios call out Provodnikov, who wins?
- Viktor Postol..
- The Courage of Tommy Burns
- At the age of 24 who was more impressive against Maidana- Khan or Broner?
Featherweight Juan Reyes Headlines on Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Fight Card
ORANGE, Calif. (Aug. 7, 2013) – Thompson Boxing Promotions anticipates another stellar night of boxing with its “New Blood” series featuring quick-moving featherweights Juan Reyes (9-1-1, 1 KO) of Riverside, Calif. and Jonathan Arellano (13-2-1, 3 KOs) of Ontario, Calif. The 8-round bout is set for Friday, Aug. 23, from the Omega Products Outdoor Arena in Corona, Calif. Reyes, looking to make it six straight victories against the more experienced Arellano, will rely on his ringmanship to produce his tenth professional victory.
“This is a big step for me,” said Reyes, referring to his first professional fight scheduled for eight rounds. “I like the idea of having my first ever chance to be on a Thompson Boxing main event, it provides me with a new challenge. I’m excited to take the next step in my professional career.”
The co-main event showcases the much heralded and undefeated middleweight Colombian prospect Alex Theran (14-0, 8 KOs) taking on Justin Williams (4-8-2, 2 KOs) of New Orleans, La., in an 8-round fight. Theran, like Reyes, is promoted by Thompson Boxing Promotions and is coming off a 6-round unanimous decision victory over Juan Carlos Rojas (5-6, 0 KOs) on Friday, July 26.
“I won every round on all three judges scorecards in my fight against Rojas, but that doesn’t mean it was easy,” Theran said. “He was strong and had a solid chin, which made him a tough out. I like having back-to-back fights because it keeps me sharp. I am learning a lot here in California under trainer Danny Zamora and I love to stay busy. I will be ready for whatever Williams brings to the ring.”
Tickets priced $100, $60 and $40 are on sale now and can be purchased by calling (714) 935-0900. For more information please visit www.thompsonboxing.com.
The undercard features an array of super bantamweights that will no doubt produce early fireworks for those in attendance. Danny Roman (6-1-1, 2 KOs) of Los Angeles squares off against the undefeated Eric Manriquez (4-0, 2 KOs) of Houston. Jorge Ruiz (3-0, 1 KO) of San Diego will put his unbeaten record to the test against prospect Cristian Lorenzo (2-1, 1 KO) of Los Angeles. Ruiz will also be on short rest as he scored a majority decision win against Alex Reyes (0-3) on the same card as Theran just weeks ago. Opening the card is Fernando Fuentes (2-1) of Hemet, Calif., and Alexander Hipolito (1-1, 1 KO) of Plainview, Tex.
Undefeated super bantamweight Carlos Carlson (8-0, 5 KOs) of Tijuana, Mexico will also be on the card. An opponent will be named later.
Doors open at 6:30 pm, and the first bell rings at 7:45 pm. The Omega Products Outdoor Arena is located at 1681 California Ave., Corona, CA 92881.
“New Blood” is presented by Thompson Boxing Promotions and sponsored by Lucas Oil, in association with Time Warner Cable Deportes.
- WBC News On Klitschko, Stiverne, Arreola
- Opponent Change For Frankie Gavin
- Vitali Klitschko may have vacated the WBC crown, but it could soon be back in the Klitschko family…
- Video – Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Adrien Broner – the showman’s showdown
- Left-Hook Lounge Radio Goes Live at 9ET/6PT
- The Pugilist KOrner: Shawn Porter, Paulie Malignaggi, Miguel Flores, Don Chargin, Jermall Charlo, and Hank Lundy
- Odom and Barnwell Score Wins
- Maidana Shocked the Boxing World with an Upset Victory over Broner
- Broner gets beat up and knocked down by Maidana
- Marcos Maidana solves The Problem
- Maidana punishes Broner – a hype job exposed, or can Broner bounce back?
- Kubrat Pulev stops late sub Joey Abell to defend his IBF intercontinental title
- WBA Interim Welterweight title holder Keith Thurman stops Jesus Soto Karass in nine