- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
- Masternak joins forces with legendary German coach Wegner
- Trout vs Dawson Weigh-In Photos
- Palacios Teams Up with John Scully!
Fighting Jacksons to Face Tough Battles in Historic Cordoba, Argentina, Stadium Show on December 7
On Saturday, December 7, at the 20,000-seat Estadio Mario Alberto Kempes (Chateau Carreras Olympic Stadium) in Cordoba, Argentina, promoters Sampson Lewkowicz of Sampson Boxing, Charly Tello of Tello-Box, and Lesley Comissiong and Jose Rosario of 340 Boxing will proudly present an historic night of professional boxing.
Held in conjunction with the 100-year anniversary of the legendary soccer club Talleres de Cordoba, the event will feature the two sons and nephew of the legendary Champion Julian “The Hawk” Jackson, known as the “Hawk’s Flock”, taking on the primary Argentinean sparring partners of middleweight champion Sergio “Maravilla” Martinez in separate bouts.
In the 10-round middleweight main event, Julius “The Chef” Jackson (16-0, 12 KOs) of Saint Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, will face Cordoba, Argentina’s Marcos Hector Vergara (28-3, 21 KOs).
Also in featured 10-round bouts will be promising super welterweight contender John “Dah Rock” Jackson (17-1, 14 KOs) of Saint Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, taking on Carlos Adan “El Malevo” Jerez (37-16-3, 18 KOs) of Cordoba, Argentina, and super welterweight prospect Samuel “The Hunter” Rogers (14-0, 8 KOs) of Saint Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, going against Guillermo Suarez (14-3, 4 KOs) of Cordoba, Argentina.
On the undercard, local product Carolina “Chapita” Gutierrez (21-2-1, 13 KOs) of Cordoba, Argentina, will face Anahi Salles of Buenos Aires, Argentina, in a women’s 6/8-round super bantamweight battle and in an eight-round “All Cordoba” crosstown lightweight battle, Luis Antonio “El Pony” Garay (10-3, 1 KO) will face Jose Carlos “Puro” Paz (6-1, 2 KOs).
“We were happy to have made history with over 50,000 fans in attendance for Sergio Martinez vs. Martin Murray last April and we’re going to do it again with this show,” said event co-promoter, Sampson Lewkowicz. “We are fully expecting a sell-out in this beautiful stadium for a night of highly competitive fights between the best of the U.S. Virgin Islands and the main training partners of ‘Maravilla.’”
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015
- Miguel Vazquez will be looking to out-box Mickey Bey on September 13th
- Kenny Bayless selected as referee for Mayweather-Maidana 2 rematch
- Hearn: Paul Smith is getting Arthur Abraham at the perfect time
- Hopkins thinks some fans see Kovalev as their savior