Firat Arslan signs with Team Sauerland!
Firat Arslan (32-6-2, 21 KOs) is the newest addition to Team Sauerland. The former World Boxing Association (WBA) Cruiserweight Champion, who is currently ranked at number two by the World Boxing Organization (WBO), will have his first fight under the banner of Sauerland Event on April 27 at the Sporthalle Hamburg against an opponent to be announced.
The 42-year-old Arslan has a dream – being a world champion again. In November of 2007, he beat former champion Virgil Hill for the WBA Cruiserweight Title but lost the belt in his second defense against Guillermo Jones just ten months later. “I became a world champion at the age of 37.
The last time Arslan got the chance to do so was in November 2012. Back then, he lost on points against WBO Champion Marco Huck at Gerry Weber Stadium in Halle/Westphalia. “A rematch is definitely something I look forward to,” confirmed the man from Suessen, Germany.
“Firat Arslan convinced us with his attitude – he is a role-model for younger fighters”, said Frederick Ness, managing director of Sauerland Event. “With this kind of professionalism he is still able to compete with the world’s best at his weight class.”
Tickets for the fight night at the Sporthalle Hamburg, Germany on April 27 can be purchased at www.boxen.com and www.eventim.de.
- Michael Jennings: “Matty can’t think past his next fight”
- Price’s ring-return delayed by virus
- Lionell Thompson plans to destroy Ryan Coyne Saturday in Atlantic City
- Local Stars Triumph In WBF Title Fights
- “Malignaggi, Rigondeaux, Sturm, Lara, Porter, and Kirkland” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner’s: Weekend Wrap”
- Robert Stieglitz vs Arthur Abraham III Official: March 1st in Magdeburg
- Video: All Access: Broner vs. Maidana – Full Episode
- Thrill-a-minute slugger James Kirkland is BACK!
- Dazzling Darren Barker fails to weather the Sturm; Post Fight Video Interviews
- Sakio Bika Draws With Anthony Dirrell: Retains WBC 168 lb Strap
- Malignaggi defeats Judah, wants Broner-Maidana winner
- Rigondeaux dominates Agbeko; Macklin defeats Russ; Kirkland stops Tapia
- Malignaggi decisions Judah; Porter defeats Alexander; Lara beats Trout
- Italy 4-1 Germany: Team Deutschland crushed