- Collazo wants Khan on Mayweather-Maidana undercard
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Broner: I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan!
- Solis to face Tony Thompson for the WBC international championship on March 22nd
- "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO" FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES
- JOSHUA CLOTTEY heads to Australia for Showdown with ANTHONY MUNDINE on April 2
- Donovan George return to the ring postponed to April 18
- GLORY 14 ZAGREB & ZAGREB SUPERFIGHT SERIES WEIGH-IN RESULTS
- WBC News
- Weights for “Horseshoe Presents: Fight Night at the Belvedere” 3.7.14
- RICKY HATTON UP AGAINST HARRY REDKNAPP AND ALEX FERGUSON
- GB Boxing names 10 seeded boxers to compete in England Boxing’s National Senior Elite Finals
Former Amateur Star Joe Stevens Makes Pro Debut This Friday
Almost a year ago to the day TRAD TKO’s Johnny Eames announced the signing of six future stars to his stable, Johnny called them the ‘New Generation’, most of those announced back in October last year have gone on to prove Johnny a hundred percent right, each having secured a fair number of wins already, as well as enjoying perfect records.
The final youngster from the six prime ‘prospects’, Super Flyweight Joe Stevens, from Basildon in Essex, finally makes his highly anticipated professional debut later this week, on the Johnny’s TRAD TKO Events promoted BROTHERS IN ARMS event at York Hall in London on Friday 18th October.
The reason it has taken so long for Johnny to release Joe into the fray, is that on signing, Johnny clearly stated “Joe’s only nineteen, a great little stylist, he needs a little developing, but we’re pleased to have him on board and we’re going to move him on very slowly because he’s a little bit down on man strength at the moment.”
One year on and how things have changed, over the past few months Johnny has had Joe sparring with some of his highly experienced fighters, such as Ian Bailey, as they prepared for title fights.
Young Joe proved his mettle, which in turned persuaded Johnny that now the time is right to unleash the youngster.
Following a training session, under the watchful eyes of Johnny and coach Brian O’Shaughnessy at the TRAD TKO Gym in Canning Town, a clearly chuffed Joe spoke of his upcoming debut.
“I can’t wait, I’m really looking forward to it as it’s been a long time coming.
I’ve been here at the TRAD TKO training with the pros for a while now so am really looking forward to finally turning over.
It’s a bit of a shame it didn’t happen back in July, but it doesn’t matter now as it finally happens this week.
Training’s been great, I’ve been training with Brian (Brian O’Shaugnessy) he’s a very good trainer, working hard on reactions, speed, everything, he’s a really good trainer.
Been getting plenty of sparring, sparred Ian Bailey for his title fight, had a lot of other good spars too, it really has been very good, so am really excited and ready for Friday.
I’d like to thank the fans that have already bought tickets for my pro debut, hopefully more will buy them still as I am going to put on a really good show so they won’t regret coming”
Joe Stevens, against a yet to be named opponent, features on the undercard of Nathan Graham’s Southern Area Light Middleweight Title defense against Freddie Turner, that headlines the Johnny Eames TRAD TKO Events promoted ‘Brothers In Arms’ event at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London on Friday 18th October 2013.
Tickets, priced £35 (Standard Seated) and £60 (Ringside) are available direct from Joe or alternatively buy on-line at www.tkoboxoffice.com or in person at the TRAD TKO Boxing Gym in Canning Town. For further information, or to purchase tickets by phone, call 07960 850645
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Chavez Jr. decisions Vera II; Salido beats Lomachenko
- Full Fight Video: Abraham Beats Stieglitz, first defense scheduled for May 31st
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Ricardo Alvarez vs. Sergio Thompson Elevated To Saturday’s SHOWTIME PPV Telecast
- Underdog Angulo to use incarceration to inspire victory over Canelo as trainer Hunter predicts a ‘savage affair’ ahead of clash live on BoxNation
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- Hunter confident Khan will get Mayweather fight in the near future
- Hopkins vs. Shumenov on April 19th on Showtime at DC Armory in Washington, D.C
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES