- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
FRANCIS ZULU’S BUOYANCY WOULD BE JOSEPH CHINGANGU’S GUSTO
INTERNATIONAL BOXING FEDERATION AFRICA (IBF/AFRICA) – MONDAY 8 JULY, 2013, DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA – Francis Zulu’s hopefulness would be Joseph Chingangu’s Gusto although the young Turk is aiming high. Their boxing tournament slated for August 27, 2013 in Lusaka, Zambia will rekindle the memories of reality between the great Lottie Mwale and Chisanda Mutti in the 70s.
This will give Zambia a good boxing mileage as the country count it lost stocks in pro boxing since its great sons Lottie Mwale, Chisanda Mutti and the Musankabala brothers (Albert and Francis) departed the scene and left Zambia without boxing heroes! Chingangu is known for his bubbly jovial demeanor but this time around he face a much younger opponent in Francis Zulu.
Joseph Chingangu training.
With the arrival of its National Soccer Team the Chipolopolo, Zambia is weighing its option on the international sports industry therefore the Francis Zulu v. Joseph Chingangu’s rumble will add values to their quests!
Boxing pundits have rated this tournament a 3 stars and are giving each side 50% chances of winning despite the fact that the much younger Francis Zulu is aiming higher this time around. In their last meeting for the Zambian national title, Francis Zulu lost the fight to Chingangu and he would love to revenge by cruising to victory in this one.
Francis Zulu (left) pummeling his opponent
As for Chingangu, he has nothing to lose as far as this fight is concern. A win will put him at a good position for the retirement scheme while the lose will encourage him to try once more time. So either way, Chingangu is the man to watch.
The August 24, 2913 “IBF vacant Continental Africa Heavyweight Title” is been promoted by Exodus Boxing Promotion Stable of master Anthony Mwamba Chiwila and will take place in Lusaka, the capital city of Zambia.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015