- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Fred Evans: Main goal to succeed in APB
Lausanne, Switzerland, August 2, 2013 – This week AIBA Pro Boxing’s (APB) Boxer of the Week social media campaign returned to Wales to talk to Barry based boxing wizard Fred Evans.
The 2011 European Champion and London 2012 Olympic silver medallist answered questions that were put to him by fans on the APB facebook page and APB twitter feed over the last week.
In the interview, Fred acknowledged that his career highlight to date has been “winning the Europeans and taking silver in the  Olympic Games”, but that his main goal going forward is “to do well in APB”.
He revealed that his closest friend in APB is fellow Welshman Andrew Selby. The two regularly travel from Cardiff together and train in Sheffield as part of the Team GB set-up. Fred also said that his own favourite boxer is Sugar Ray Leonard because he “likes his style” of boxing.
The Celtic fighter gave some details about exactly what kind of training must be done in order to box at his level. The Welshman said that a normal day consisted of running in the morning, followed by Strength and Conditioning sessions. Then in the afternoon he does a boxing session involving pad and bag work and eight rounds of sparring with other world class boxers. He says the favourite part of his training day is the pad work but that actually “there isn’t really any aspect of training that [he] really dislikes though.”
The other sport in his life is snooker, which he enjoys playing and watching after training when he is “chilling out” after a hard day’s work.
For the full interview with Fred Evans please follow the link: http://bit.ly/14LNQcP
Next week APB will turn their attention to Azerbaijan’s boxing sensation Magomedrasul Medzhidov who was voted Best AIBA Elite Men Boxer for 2011, and is a World Champion and Olympic bronze medallist. Feel free to ask Magomedrasul your own questions on the APB facebook page https://www.facebook.com/APB.Boxing
APB’s “Boxer of the Week” campaign was launched on May 13th. It is designed to unveil the entire APB boxers’ roster athlete by athlete.
AIBA Pro Boxing (APB) is a pro-style boxing competition program under the governance of AIBA. Prior to the official start of the competition scheduled for 2014, AIBA will stage a number of APB exhibition bouts all around the globe. These bouts will consist of 8 rounds of 3 minutes and will feature some of the best fighters in the world. All the foreseen events will be considered as exhibitions and therefore will not affect the 2014 APB Ranking.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In