- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Fred Evans: Main goal to succeed in APB
Lausanne, Switzerland, August 2, 2013 – This week AIBA Pro Boxing’s (APB) Boxer of the Week social media campaign returned to Wales to talk to Barry based boxing wizard Fred Evans.
The 2011 European Champion and London 2012 Olympic silver medallist answered questions that were put to him by fans on the APB facebook page and APB twitter feed over the last week.
In the interview, Fred acknowledged that his career highlight to date has been “winning the Europeans and taking silver in the  Olympic Games”, but that his main goal going forward is “to do well in APB”.
He revealed that his closest friend in APB is fellow Welshman Andrew Selby. The two regularly travel from Cardiff together and train in Sheffield as part of the Team GB set-up. Fred also said that his own favourite boxer is Sugar Ray Leonard because he “likes his style” of boxing.
The Celtic fighter gave some details about exactly what kind of training must be done in order to box at his level. The Welshman said that a normal day consisted of running in the morning, followed by Strength and Conditioning sessions. Then in the afternoon he does a boxing session involving pad and bag work and eight rounds of sparring with other world class boxers. He says the favourite part of his training day is the pad work but that actually “there isn’t really any aspect of training that [he] really dislikes though.”
The other sport in his life is snooker, which he enjoys playing and watching after training when he is “chilling out” after a hard day’s work.
For the full interview with Fred Evans please follow the link: http://bit.ly/14LNQcP
Next week APB will turn their attention to Azerbaijan’s boxing sensation Magomedrasul Medzhidov who was voted Best AIBA Elite Men Boxer for 2011, and is a World Champion and Olympic bronze medallist. Feel free to ask Magomedrasul your own questions on the APB facebook page https://www.facebook.com/APB.Boxing
APB’s “Boxer of the Week” campaign was launched on May 13th. It is designed to unveil the entire APB boxers’ roster athlete by athlete.
AIBA Pro Boxing (APB) is a pro-style boxing competition program under the governance of AIBA. Prior to the official start of the competition scheduled for 2014, AIBA will stage a number of APB exhibition bouts all around the globe. These bouts will consist of 8 rounds of 3 minutes and will feature some of the best fighters in the world. All the foreseen events will be considered as exhibitions and therefore will not affect the 2014 APB Ranking.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity