- Tony Weeks Was Story - Angulo Should Be
- Erislandy The American Dream Lara elevated to WBA World Champion
- Garcia out to keep winning streak as Herrera declares ‘he’s fought better guys for peanuts’ ahead of weekend clash live on Boxnation
- Chris Arreola vs. Bermane Stiverne II to be televised by ESPN on May 10th
- Danny Garcia eyes future Mayweather showdown if he beats Herrera this Saturday
- Garcia, Herrera, Deontay Wilder and Scott quotes
- 2014 CHICAGO GOLDEN GLOVES, QUARTERFINAL RESULTS
- LiveStream: Garcia vs. Herrera Weigh-In LIVE on Friday
- Record Breaking Participation in Upcoming AIBA Youth World Championships Sofia 2014
- IBF Light Heavyweight Eliminator Moved to June 21st
- WSB: Worlds Collide in the WSB quarter-finals
- Complete Show Boxeo TELEMUNDO March 14, 2014 at Kissimmee Civic Center Kissimmee, Florida
Fred Evans: Main goal to succeed in APB
Lausanne, Switzerland, August 2, 2013 – This week AIBA Pro Boxing’s (APB) Boxer of the Week social media campaign returned to Wales to talk to Barry based boxing wizard Fred Evans.
The 2011 European Champion and London 2012 Olympic silver medallist answered questions that were put to him by fans on the APB facebook page and APB twitter feed over the last week.
In the interview, Fred acknowledged that his career highlight to date has been “winning the Europeans and taking silver in the  Olympic Games”, but that his main goal going forward is “to do well in APB”.
He revealed that his closest friend in APB is fellow Welshman Andrew Selby. The two regularly travel from Cardiff together and train in Sheffield as part of the Team GB set-up. Fred also said that his own favourite boxer is Sugar Ray Leonard because he “likes his style” of boxing.
The Celtic fighter gave some details about exactly what kind of training must be done in order to box at his level. The Welshman said that a normal day consisted of running in the morning, followed by Strength and Conditioning sessions. Then in the afternoon he does a boxing session involving pad and bag work and eight rounds of sparring with other world class boxers. He says the favourite part of his training day is the pad work but that actually “there isn’t really any aspect of training that [he] really dislikes though.”
The other sport in his life is snooker, which he enjoys playing and watching after training when he is “chilling out” after a hard day’s work.
For the full interview with Fred Evans please follow the link: http://bit.ly/14LNQcP
Next week APB will turn their attention to Azerbaijan’s boxing sensation Magomedrasul Medzhidov who was voted Best AIBA Elite Men Boxer for 2011, and is a World Champion and Olympic bronze medallist. Feel free to ask Magomedrasul your own questions on the APB facebook page https://www.facebook.com/APB.Boxing
APB’s “Boxer of the Week” campaign was launched on May 13th. It is designed to unveil the entire APB boxers’ roster athlete by athlete.
AIBA Pro Boxing (APB) is a pro-style boxing competition program under the governance of AIBA. Prior to the official start of the competition scheduled for 2014, AIBA will stage a number of APB exhibition bouts all around the globe. These bouts will consist of 8 rounds of 3 minutes and will feature some of the best fighters in the world. All the foreseen events will be considered as exhibitions and therefore will not affect the 2014 APB Ranking.
- Canelo Alvarez Impresses In Controversial TKO Victory Over Alfredo Angulo, Saturday on SHOWTIME PPV
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- Garcia 139.75, Herrera 139.25: Weights
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” A Knockout Success With Well Over 350,000 PPV Buys
- Deontay Wilder Out To Prove He Is The Real Deal
- Strength & Conditioning Changes In Pacquiao Camp
- Weights: Brook-Robles, Bellew-Brudov, & Mitchell-Avakyan
- Price-Pala rescheduled for April 12th in Denmark, Lee also in action
- Juan Manuel Marquez faces Mike Alvarado on May 17th at Inglewood forum