- Lennox Clarke Spars Callum Smith
- Beamen Ready to Rule!
- Sampson Boxing Reaches Promotional Agreement with Canada’s Tyson Cave
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Heavyweight Prospect LaRon Mitchell Signs w/ Thompson Boxing; Fights this Friday on “Path to Glory”
- “Bad” Chad Dawson returns to Foxwoods resort casino on October 4th
Frederick Lawson raised his ante, now to vie for “IBF International welterweight title”
International Boxing Federation Africa (IBF/AFICA) DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA– TUESDAY 14 MAY, 2013-The IBF Continental Africa Welterweight Champion, Ghanaian Frederick Lawson is going places and this time has raised his ante for the IBF International Welterweight Title against Burkinabe Patrice Sou Toke. Lawson’s charming offensive to the IBF family’s titles rekindles Larry Holmes metaphor with the world’s professional boxing “top-dog”, the IBF when he abandoned his previous world titles for this awesome organization in 1983. The rest is history to be told by generations to come!
Lawson is likened to the marvelous Marvin Hagler by the way he often takes on his opponents. He usually peppers them with his straight jabs while driving on his lethal and huge right punches to their submission. He is one boxer whose Ghana banked on lots of hopes for bring in Olympic Gold Medals at the “2008 Beijing Olympics” by as fate wouldn’t have it, he was robbed of his victory just like what happened to his team mate Issa Samir and the current “IBF World Youth Jr. Middleweight King”.
Young, handsome, fast hands and hard punches are some of the qualities that can describe Freddie as he fondly called by his family and friends. He comes from Bukom, a fishing shanty town near Jamestown in Accra, Ghana which is revered for producing quality world champions like the Professor Azumah Nelson, Poison Kotey, Ike Quartey, Joe Agbeko and many other world class title contenders such as Albert Mensah, the current “IBF Continental Africa Jr. Welterweight King” etc.
The tournament is scheduled for 25 May at the Accra National Sports Stadium under the Night of War Promotions. Two people who make this happen are Joseph Awinggyo who reside in Chicago in the US and master Alhaj Enusa Sally a man of many talents and owner of ENUS COMPANY LIMITED and many other business enterprises. This two fine gentlemen are the behind the rise and rise of Frederick Lawson whose star is currently illuminating as he is angling for the higher IBF titles!
Sou Toke ready for action
Patrice Sou Toke
The man who could stop him is coming from the country of upright men and beautiful women, is none other than the rugged slugger, Patrice Sou Toke of Bukirna Faso. Sou Toke’s life in boxing has been an eerie of enchanted offensive to the opponents whom he usually fight. If there is one thing that Patrice knows better than anything else in the boxing ring is to survive and has a way of jettisoning his game plans for the quickest end to the game on hand. His fast footwork and flurry of body punches usually leave his opponents completely incapable to withstand his ferocity. He has a way to confuse them with daggling hands in limbo so as to lure them to his web as he pounds them to submission!
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Cletus Seldin blasts out Gil!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint
- Khan could be next for Mayweather, says Floyd Sr
- Groves asks Froch for fight, and gets turned down