- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
- Lange-Jeter 2 The Rematch set for Nov. 15 at Patriot Center
- POPULAR TWO-TIME NEW YORK GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION EARL NEWMAN TO MAKE PRO DEBUT ON OCTOBER 4TH AT FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, IN MASHANTUCKET, CONN.
- Special Afternoon Edition of Fight Night on Broadcast NBC
FREE AT LAST': UNDEFEATED YATHOMAS RILEY RETURNS AND FIGHTS ON MAY 11 AT THE PARAMOUNT
NEW YORK; (May 8, 2013) After spending almost 3 years in jail for a crime he didn’t commit, undefeated light heavyweight prospect Yathomas Riley will return to battle on Saturday, MAY 11 against Buffalo, New York’s Lionell Thompson at The Paramount in Huntington, New York it was announced today by Joe DeGuardia, President of Star Boxing.
Sporting a record of 8-0-0 with six knockouts, the hard-hitting southpaw enters the eight round co-main event at “ROCKIN FIGHTS 8″ following a prolonged legal battle that saw him holed up in a Florida jail after being wrongly accused of attempted murder in the South Florida town of Homestead.
“I’m very excited to get back in the ring on MAY 11″ said Riley. “This has obviously been a very trying time for me dealing with the false accusations and not fighting for the last three years.”
“But my goal is a World Championship, nothing less just like it always has been. This fight against Thompson gets me back on that track” continued Riley. “I didn’t want an easy fight, I wanted to get right back in the mix.”
Prior to the false allegations and his subsequent incarceration for over two years, Riley had won three successive bouts by stoppage, all inside of two rounds.
“It was a very unfortunate situation what happened to Yathomas, he was a very impressive light heavyweight prospect,” said DeGuardia. “Coming back he said he wasn’t interested in a tune up, he wanted a real solid guy and Thompson certainly fits the bill.”
The 27-year-old Thompson, 13-2-0 (9KO’s), is coming off a second round knockout of perennial contender Chuck Mussachio on FEBRUARY 23 in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Last year Thompson traveled to Quebec, Canada on MAY 19 to challenge world ranked contender Nicholson Poulard, losing a very close, ten round split decision to the hometown favorite.
“ROCKIN FIGHTS 8″ is headlined by a heavyweight slugfest between local favorite Vinny Maddalone and undefeated prospect Richard Carmack of Kansas City, Missouri.
Yathomas Riley will join Maddalone, Carmack and other participants at the final press conference on Thursday (5/9/13) at the Inn at Fox Hollow’s Winter Garden Room at 12pm.
Advance tickets priced at $50, $100, $150 and $200 are now on sale through Ticketmaster, (www.Ticketmaster.com, 800-745-3000) or through The Paramount Box Office, (631) 673-7300 in addition to the Star Boxing Office, (718) 823-2000 or on their website, www.StarBoxing.com. Doors on the evening of the event will open at 7PM with the first bell at 8PM.
The Paramount is located at 370 New York Avenue, Huntington, New York, 11743. For directions and more information, please visit their website at www.paramountny.com
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things