- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Weights from “New Blood” in Corona, CA
- Howard Davis Jr. “Donovan, you don’t stand a chance against Dyah”
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS CONFIRMED FOR INAUGURAL BOX FAN EXPO TO TAKE PLACE SEPT. 13 IN LAS VEGAS
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
Full Card Announced For Golden Boy Live! Event At Cowboys Dancehall In San Antonio On Nov 11
Boxing fans in San Antonio will be in for a full night of exciting matchups on Monday, Nov. 11, as Golden Boy Promotions and Leija*Battah Promotions present a full 11-bout card for the Golden Boy Live! event at Cowboys Dancehall.
In the 10-round main event, which will be televised on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Deportes, it’s a meeting of junior welterweight southpaws when Fidel “The Atrisco Kid” Maldonado Jr. (15-2, 12 KO’s) and Luis Ramos Jr. (23-1, 10 KO’s)face off in a pivotal junior welterweight showdown. Plus, former middleweight world title challenger Fernando Guerrero (25-2, 19 KO’s) goes up against Austin’s Raymond Gatica (13-1, 8 KO’s) in the 10-round co-main event and unbeaten 2012 U.S. Olympian Terrell Gausha (11-2, 5 KO’s) steps into the ring for an eight-round middleweight bout against Delicias, Mexico’s Andres Calixto (12-4, 9 KO’s).
Heading up the non-televised portion of undercard will be popular San Antonio featherweight Joseph “The Mongoose” Rodriguez (4-0, 2 KO’s) who will put his unbeaten record on the line against local veteran Julio Valadez (4-23-1). Also representing San Antonio will be welterweight Jairo Castaneda (3-0, 1 KO) as he takes on Dallas’ James Burns (1-2, 1 KO). Both bouts are scheduled for four rounds.
In a six-round featherweight matchup, exciting Houston prospect Miguel Flores (12-0, 7 KO’s) will meet an opponent to be named, while promising Austin lightweight Travell Mazion (5-0, 5 KO’s), who is trained by women’s boxing great Ann Wolfe, will attempt to keep his knockout streak going in a four-round bout against Kalamazoo, Michigan’s Gregory Coverson (3-7-2, 2 KO’s).
One of the most intriguing fights on the Nov. 11 card will match San Antonio’s Benjamin Whitaker (5-0, 2 KO’s) and Houston’s Felipe Reyes (5-0, 3 KO’s) in a four-round clash of welterweight unbeatens.
Opening the event will be a trio of four-round bouts, with super middleweight newcomers Enrique Neira Jr. of San Angelo and Kevin Conrad of San Marcos making their professional debuts, hard-hitting San Antonio welterweight Armando Cardenas (3-0, 3 KO’s) takes on Austin, Texas’s Warren Stewart (0-3) and debuting San Antonio native Mario Barrios faces Arlington’s Rigoberto Moreno (0-1).
Maldonado Jr. vs. Ramos Jr. is a 10-round junior welterweight bout presented by Golden Boy Promotions and Leija*Battah Promotions and sponsored by Corona and O’Reilly Auto Parts. Cowboys Dancehall doors open at 5:00 p.m. CT and the first fight starts at 6:00 p.m. CT. In the co-main event, Fernando Guerrero squares off against Raymond Gatica in a 10-round middleweight bout. The FOX Sports 1 and FOX Deportes broadcast airs live at 10:00 p.m. ET/9:00 p.m. CT/7:00 p.m. PT.
Tickets, priced at $100, $65, $30 and $20, plus applicable taxes, fees and service charges are available for purchase now by phone by calling Leija*Battah Promotions at (210) 979-3302.
For more information, visit www.goldenboypromotions.com, follow us on Twitter at @GoldenBoyBoxing, @LeijaBattahPR, @atriscokid, @FernandoDomini, @TerrellGausha and @cowboysdancehall, follow the conversation using #GoldenBoyLive, become a fan on Facebook at Golden Boy Facebook Page and www.facebook.com/LeijaBattah. Also, visit us on Instagram @GoldenBoyBoxing. For more information on FOX Sports 1 visit www.FOXSports.com and become a follower on Twitter at www.twitter.com/FOXSports, www.twitter.com/FOXSports1 and www.twitter.com/FOXsportspr.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent