- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
- WSB: Daniel Asenov is the hero of the day
- AFN To Carry Tomorrow Night’s ShoBox Tripleheader With Sammy Vasquez
- Peltz Signs Thomas LaManna
Full Undercard Announced For Tomorrow’s SHOWTIME Event From Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS, March 1 – Puerto Rican power puncher Jorge Melendez squares off against Granite City, Illinois’ Ryan Davis and unbeaten light heavyweight prospect Thomas Williams of Fort Washington, Maryland puts his unbeaten record on the line in an eight round battle against St. Louis’ Kevin Engel on Saturday, March 2 on SHOWTIME EXTREME just before the SHOWTIME® Boxing-Special Edition telecast from The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas featuring the lightweight world title fight between Richar Abril and Sharif Bogere and the featherweight battle between Gary Russell Jr. and Vyacheslav Gusev.
Abril vs. Bogere, a 12-round fight for Abril’s WBA Lightweight World Championship, will take place Saturday, March 2 at The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. The event is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions, sponsored by Corona and will be televised live on SHOWTIME telecast beginning at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast) with preliminary fights to air live on SHOWTIME EXTREME at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast). The co-main event will be a 10-round featherweight bout between undefeated phenom Gary Russell Jr. and Russia’s Vyacheslav Gusev.
Tickets priced at $150, $100, $75, $50 and $25, plus applicable taxes, fees and services charges, along with a limited number of VIP suite seats priced at $125, are on sale at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Box Office, all Ticketmaster locations, online at www.ticketmaster.com or by phone at (800) 745-3000.
Twenty-four-year-old Jorge Melendez (25-2-1, 24 KO’s) is bringing a 12-fight winning streak into his Las Vegas debut this Saturday and you can expect that he will be looking to add another victory and knockout to his record. The winner of 17 bouts by stoppage in three rounds or less, the Manati, Puerto Rico knockout artist is on the fast track to big things in the coming years. Hoping to slow Melendez’ progress is 34-year-old “Dangerous” Ryan Davis (24-9-3, 9 KO’s), a veteran of over 13 years in the sport. Unbeaten in five of his last six bouts, the Illinois native once took Zab Judah the 12-round distance and is looking forward to scoring the upset this weekend.
Maryland’s Thomas Williams Jr. (12-0, 9 KO’s) earned rave reviews for a 2012 campaign in which he went 5-0 with four knockouts (three in the first round) and he got 2013 off to an equally impressive start in January with a third round technical knockout over fellow prospect Jason Smith. On Saturday, the 25-year-old meets Missouri’s Kevin “Hitman” Engel (20-7, 16 KO’s), a hard-hitting 32-year-old who has won two of his last three heading into this pivotal matchup.
In other undercard action…
Unbeaten Jeffrey Fontanez (10-0, 9 KO’s) of Caguas, Puerto Rico faces longtime standout Daniel Attah (27-13-1, 10 KO’s) of Washington, DC by way of Calabar, Nigeria, in a six round lightweight bout.
Las Vegas super middleweight Luis Arias (3-0, 2 KO’s) who fights under the Mayweather Promotions banner meets Mexicali, Mexico’s Arsenio Terraza (9-3, 8 KO’s) in a six round matchup and in the four round welterweight opener, Monongahela, Pennsylvania’s Sammy Vasquez (6-0, 4 KO’s) takes on Fort Lauderdale’s Leandro Albornoz (15-2-1, 5 KO’s).
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather’s Power
- Maidana doesn’t have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money