- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Gary Buckland: “Argentinian Crowd Won’t Bother Me”
GARY BUCKLAND says he’s not bothered about boxing Fernando David Saucedo in his backyard as he’s already fought most of his career away from home. Buckland, 26, faces the Argentinian for the vacant WBC International Silver super-featherweight crown on the undercard of Martin Murray’s huge world title clash with Sergio Martinez.
The fight takes place at the 50,000 capacity Estadio Jose Amalfiani and the Welshman knows that few people in attendance will be cheering for him.
“I’ve been to Mexico and Spain as a professional and I boxed all over the world as an amateur so fighting him on his own turf in Argentina isn’t going to bother me,” Buckland stated.
“Even in Britain, nearly all my fights have been away from home. I prefer it that way because there’s no having to sell tickets or pleasing the crowd, I’ve just got to go in there and do the job I need to.
“The crowd might against me this time but that spurs me on. I love boxing in front of big audiences. When I went up to Manchester to fight Stephen Foster Jnr I knew I was going to be on in a big arena and it just made me train harder.
“I can’t afford to let the crowd get to me anyway because if I win this I’ll have the WBC international silver title and I’ll be moving towards a world title fight.”
Sergio Martinez versus Martin Murray bill is being televised live by HBO in the United States and BoxNation (Sky 437 and Virgin 546) in the UK.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say