- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Hearn: Kell Brook is an obvious opponent for Mayweather in 2015
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
- MANCHESTER VERSUS LIVERPOOL BATTLE FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE
- USA Boxing’s Elite Women to Face Northern Neighbors in the Battle of the Frontiers on August 21
- Gingras-McCreedy, young stars headline Sept. 12
Gennady “GGG” Golovkin wins WBA January fighter of the month, huge 2013 planned!!
LOS ANGELES, CA (February11, 2013) Gennady “GGG” Golovkin was named today the World Boxing Association’s (WBA) Fighter of the Month for JANUARY 2013 following his devastating seventh round stoppage of Gabriel Rosado on JANUARY 19 in The Theater at Madison Square Garden, “The Mecca of Boxing.”
Broadcast on HBO, Golovkin’s win over Rosado represented the seventh defense of his WBA Middleweight Title and kicked off a huge upcoming 2013 for THE most talked about fighter in boxing.
“I’m very thankful to the WBA for this honor and I look forward to defending my title against Nobuhiro Ishida on MARCH 30 in Monte Carlo, Monaco” said Golovkin as he prepares to return to Big Bear, California and commence training under the watchful eye of Abel Sanchez at The Summit Training Center.
Fighting for K2 Promotions, Managing Director Tom Loeffler spoke about the upcoming year for Golovkin.
“As we’ve said since after the Proksa knock out in September of last year, we want Gennady to fight often and our plan is to have him fight five times this year. If all goes well against Ishida we’re looking at a return in June in the United States and then two more fights in 2013” said Loeffler.
In regards to future opponents this year, Loeffler as always was emphatic about Golovkin’s opposition, “Gennady wants to face the other top middleweights to prove in the ring who is the best as it should be, not to have the top slot dictated by outside the ring influences. He is ready right now to face any of the top names; Sergio Martinez, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., Daniel Geale, Dmitry Pirog, Felix Sturm, Matthew Macklin or Peter Quillin.”
“Gennady is ready to line then up and face them in any order they wish. At the end of this year he wants there to be no doubt as to who the best middleweight in the world is and who the 2013 Fighter of the Year should be.”
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook
- Loeffler sees Rubio as tough test for Golovkin
- Danny Garcia – Viktor Postol fight ordered by WBC