- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- TICKET ALERT!! IMP Presents The Pride of Pittsburgh II, Friday November 14th
- TRAVIS SCOTT HEADLINES WFC 30, PROFESSIONAL BOXING IN BATON ROUGE
- JOSEPH “JO JO” DIAZ VS. RAUL “BULE” HIDALGO TO REPLACE ANTONIO TARVER VS. JOHNATHON BANKS AS MAIN EVENT IN MONDAY, SEPT. 29 GOLDEN BOY LIVE! EVENT DUE TO TARVER INJURY
- USA Boxing’s Experienced Women’s Squad Prepare to Travel South of the Border for the 2014 Elite Women’s Continental Championships
- Star Boxing’s “Rockin Fight 15″ to Rock The Paramount New York
- Team Andrade waiting for phone to ring
Gennady Golovkin documentary brings in huge ratings on HBO
VENICE, CA (July 17, 2013) Boxing’s fastest rising star, middleweight world champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin continues to impress in-and -out of the ring with record numbers for his television ratings.
This week HBO announced that it’s “2Days: Gennady Golovkin” documentary feature surrounding Golovkin’s knockout victory of Gabriel Rosado on JANUARY 19 was the highest rated ever of it’s acclaimed series with over three million total viewers.
Additionally, record numbers of viewers watched across Europe and Asia as Golovkin dismantled top rated middleweight contender Matthew Macklin on JUNE 29 in a bout, which also drew over 1.1 million viewers on HBO.
“We’re very excited that boxing fans in the US and across the globe are tuning in to Gennady’s fights and his 2Days documentary in record numbers. HBO did a terrific job capturing the unique elements which took place leading up to the Rosado fight which made for a compelling feature,” said Tom Loeffler, Managing Director of K2 Promotions.
“Gennady just returned home to Germany from a fantastic week as the guest of honor in Monte Carlo for the finals of the Million Dollar Super 4 Tournament where he was hosted by Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene of Monaco.”
Golokvin’s knockout of Macklin was his third title fight of the year and raised his record to 27-0-0 with 24 knockouts as he defended both his WBA and IBO Middleweight Titles. It also raised his knockout ratio to 88.89%, highest among all active titleholders in the sport.
“We’ve said from the beginning of the year that Gennady would fight five times this year and we’re planning his next two bouts,” said Loeffler. “He is anxious to return the ring and to continue providing fans with the spectacular performances they’ve grown accustomed to seeing from him.”
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things