- Team USA’s Queen Underwood and Danyelle Wolf to Compete in Tuesday’s Women’s Continental Championships Action
- Sampson Boxing Signs Prospect Duo from Houston
- WBC: Mayweather-Pacquiao
- FRANK GALARZA REFLECTS ON PAST WEEKEND’S IMPRESSIVE VICTORY
- Date change and undercard announced – Golden Boy Live! at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
- Abraham: I’m ready to defend my title on Saturday night
Golovkins vs Stevens: Times Square and MSG Workout Photos / Videos
All photos, Will Hart/K2 Promotions – WBA/IBO Middleweight World Champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin and top rated contender Curtis Stevens stopped traffic Wednesday in Times Square as highlights of their past fights were very featured on multiple video boards.
Both fighters were mobbed by media and fans as they took photos and signed autographs during their visit just days ahead of their showdown this Saturday night, November 2 at Madison Square Garden, “The Mecca of Boxing” and LIVE on HBO®
GENNADY GOLOVKIN MADISON SQUARE GARDEN MEDIA WORKOUT PHOTOS
NEW YORK CITY (October 30, 2013) WBA/IBO Middleweight World Champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin held court today at Madison Square Garden for a huge crowd of fans and media in one of his final workouts ahead of his title defense against top rated contender Curtis Stevens this Saturday night, November 2 at “The Mecca of Boxing” and LIVE on HBO®.
Among those present at the media workout were members of the New York Police Department and the Fire Department of New York, both of which will be guests of Golovkin’s on Saturday’s fight.
Golovkin/Stevens Officials Announced
The officials have been assigned for this Saturday night’s WBA/IBO Middleweight World Championship between boxing’s fastest rising superstar, Gennady “GGG” Golovkin and top rated contender Curtis Stevens at Madison Square Garden, “The Mecca of Boxing” and LIVE on HBO®.
The referee for the middleweight world title bout will be Harvey Dock (NY) and the judges of the fight will be Michael Pernick (FL), Max DeLuca (CA) and John Poturaj (NJ).
For the clash between undefeated heavyweight fighters, Mike “The Rebel” Perez and Magomed “Mago” Abdusalamov the referee will be Benjy Esteves. Judges for the HBO televised co-feature will be Julie Lederman, John Stewart and Don Trella. Abdusalamov will be defending his WBC US-NBC Heavyweight Title. >
In the 12-round IBO Cruiserweight World Championship between Ola Afolabi and Lukasz Janik, the referee will be Earl Brown. The judges will be Waleska Roldan, Jerry Roth and Joseph Pasquale.
Gennady Golovkin Hits Time Square!
NEW YORK CITY, (October 29, 2013) WBA and IBO Middleweight World Champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin headed straight to Times Square upon arriving in New York City ahead of his showdown on Saturday night against top rated challenger Curtis Stevens at Madison Square Garden, “The Mecca of Boxing” and LIVE on HBO® (10:00 p.m. ET/PT.)
Golovkin was swarmed by fans and media as he posed for pictures in front of the massive HBO billboard at 42nd Street and 7th Avenue promoting the fight.
With the highest knockout percentage (89%) in the history of the middleweight division, Golovkin will be looking to extend his 14-bout knockout streak when he makes the 9th-defense of his world titles.
This past January 19, in front of a full house of New York City fight fans, Golovkin dominated top rated challenger Gabriel Rosado, stopping him in the seventh round at Madison Square Garden.
ABOUT “GOLOVKIN VS. STEVENS”:
Golovkin vs. Stevens is a 12-round bout for Golovkin’s WBA and IBO Middleweight World Championship, presented by K2 Promotions in association with Main Events, GGG Promotions and Madison Square Garden. In the televised co-feature, undefeated heavyweights Mike Perez and Magomed Abdusalamov will clash in a 10-round bout presented in association with Sampson Boxing LLC.
Remaining tickets priced at $300, $200, $100 and $50 are available through at the Madison Square Garden Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster charge by phone (866-858-0008) and online at www.ticketmaster.com and www.thegarden.com
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Canelo Alvarez Signs Major Agreement with HBO Sports
- Canelo back at HBO; next fight likely Joshua Clottey on December 6th
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint