George “Comanche Boy” Tahdooahnippah back in action on Oct 4
Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing is proud to return to the Comanche Nation Casino on Friday, OCTOBER 4 with “PUNCH OUT”, an exciting evening of professional boxing headlined by the return of Lawton, Oklahoma’s favorite son, George “Comanche Boy” Tahdooahnippah.
Tahdooahnippah will face off against York, South Carolina battle tested veteran, Thomas Brown in the ten round main event for the IBA Continental Americas Middleweight Championship.
Said DeGuardia, “We’re very excited to return to the Comanche Nation Casino and promote this terrific event headlined by George Tahdooahnippah. We’ve planned an action packed undercard and a fantastic evening of entertainment.”
Having compiled a record of 31-1-1 (23KO’s) over his nine-year professional career, Tahdooahnippah returns to battle following the first loss of his career.
This past FEBRUARY 15, Tahdooahnippah traveled to Uncasville, Connecticut to face former world title challenger Delvin Rodriguez.
Despite fighting valiantly, Tahdooahnippah was stopped in the sixth round of the main event, telecast on ESPN Friday Night Fights.
The 29-year-old Brown sports a record of 15-4-1 (9KO’s), amidst a ledger that includes current middleweight champion Peter Quillin and top rated contender Sebastien Demers.
Heavyweights will also see action at “PUNCH OUT” with Wichita Falls, Texas based veteran Ty Cobb battling undefeated prospect Justin Wilims of Hayesville, Kansas.
Cobb, 16-4-0 (9KO’s), will be making the fourth start of his 2013 campaign and has won nine of his last eleven.
Wilims sports a record of 4-0 with all of his victories coming by way of knockout.
In a special attraction women’s bout, bantamweight Sheena Chaney of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma will clash with Norman, Oklahoma’s Tiffany Alexander in a four round tilt.
Newcomer Chaney, 1-3-1 (1KO), will look to stay in the winning column in her fourth fight of 2013. On APRIL 13, she knocked out Sara Maloy in the second round in Oklahoma City.
Alexander, 0-1-1, will be looking for her first win, having fought to a four round draw with Rachel Vidal on JUNE 6 in Oklahoma City.
Welterweight prospects will see action as Lawton’s Jose Gualderrama, 1-1-0 will face Oklahoma City’s Edwin Williams,1-0-0, in a four round tilt.
As a special feature to those men fighting in the United States Armed Forces around the world, the card will also feature a three round military amateur bout, light heavyweights will battle with Daniel Logan from the Lawton Air Force Base facing off against Juan Hollingsworth of the Wichita Army Base.
Advance tickets priced at $20 for General Admission ($25 at the door) can be purchased through Ticket-E-Split www.ticket-e-split.com or through the Comanche Nation Casino, phone (580) 354-2000.
VIP tables are available for purchase at $2500 per table. Each table includes ten seats with free food, beer, soda, water, $100 free play, and a gift bag per seat.
The Comanche Nation Casino is located at 402 SE Interstate Drive in Lawton, Oklahoma; 73501.Doors on the evening of the event will open at 6:00p.m. with the first bell at 7:00 p.m. Guests must be 18 years or older to attend.
For more information on the Comanche Nation Casino, please visit their website at www.comanchenationcasinos.com
- Beard Backs Malinga To Beat Hall For World Crown
- ‘Rocky’ Returns After Two Years Out At Wigan
- Michael Jennings: “Matty can’t think past his next fight”
- Price’s ring-return delayed by virus
- Lionell Thompson plans to destroy Ryan Coyne Saturday in Atlantic City
- Local Stars Triumph In WBF Title Fights
- “Malignaggi, Rigondeaux, Sturm, Lara, Porter, and Kirkland” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner’s: Weekend Wrap”
- Thrill-a-minute slugger James Kirkland is BACK!
- Dazzling Darren Barker fails to weather the Sturm; Post Fight Video Interviews
- Sakio Bika Draws With Anthony Dirrell: Retains WBC 168 lb Strap
- Malignaggi defeats Judah, wants Broner-Maidana winner
- Rigondeaux dominates Agbeko; Macklin defeats Russ; Kirkland stops Tapia
- Malignaggi decisions Judah; Porter defeats Alexander; Lara beats Trout
- Italy 4-1 Germany: Team Deutschland crushed