- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Hearn: Kell Brook is an obvious opponent for Mayweather in 2015
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
- MANCHESTER VERSUS LIVERPOOL BATTLE FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE
- USA Boxing’s Elite Women to Face Northern Neighbors in the Battle of the Frontiers on August 21
- Gingras-McCreedy, young stars headline Sept. 12
Martin Gethin Out
By Daniel Mole: Walsall’s Martin Gethin has revealed his disappointment after he was forced to pull out of his British Lightweight title showdown with Anthony Crolla earlier today.
Gethin was set to make a maiden defence of his Lord Lonsdale belt on the undercard of Carl Froch’s WBA and IBF Super Middleweight title showdown with George Groves at the Phones 4u Arena Manchester.
However, Gethin has suffered a reaction to the perforated ear he picked up during his IBF Final Eliminator defeat to Ammeth Diaz in May.
“I’m gutted but it’s just one of those things,” Gethin told www.uko-boxing.com. “I’ve had a bit of a set-back. I’ve had a reaction and it’s affected my training and it means I won’t be able to fight Anthony next week.
“It’s a massive night of boxing next weekend and I wanted to be a part of it. It’s disappointing.
“I’ll wait for it to heal and seek specialist advice with a view to being back out, defending my title in early 2014.”
Jamie McDonnell and Stephen Smith will box on the undercard of the blockbuster live show on Sky Sports Box Office next Saturday. Former IBF World Bantamweight champion McDonnell and former British Featherweight and Super Featherweight champion Smith will both fight in eight round bouts on the stacked undercard.
The show also sees Scott Quigg defend his WBA Super Bantamweight title and Rocky Fielding defend his Commonwealth Super Middleweight title against undefeated Guyanese mandatory challenger Lennox Allen.
For more information visit www.matchroomboxing.com.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook
- Loeffler sees Rubio as tough test for Golovkin
- Danny Garcia – Viktor Postol fight ordered by WBC