- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
Golden Boy Promotions and Super Judah Promotions team up to co-promote Zab Judah
LOS ANGELES, August 19 – One of the premier boxers of this era, Zab “Super” Judah has won five world titles in two weight divisions, but he still has plenty of goals left, including winning another championship and continuing to give fans more exciting fights. So it is with great pleasure that Golden Boy Promotions is announcing a joint venture with Super Judah Promotions to co-promote Judah and make sure the world continues to see this boxing superstar on the sport’s biggest stages.
“Super Judah Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions working together is phenomenal,” said Judah. “I have been doing business with Golden Boy Promotions for a number of years, working both with them and against them and I know what it’s like to be on both sides. Through those times, I see that we are a perfect fit. This joint venture will give me the experience I need as a promoter and get me the big fights I want at this point of my career.”
“I am very happy to welcome Zab to the Golden Boy team,” said Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions. “He is without question not only one of the most exciting fighters in boxing, but he also has tremendous name recognition with reaches into the general market. In his thrilling fight against Danny Garcia, Zab showed that he belongs in the absolute top level of the sport. I am looking forward to be working with Zab and his team and have him participate in the biggest fights in the junior welterweight and welterweight divisions.”
Offered Bill Halkias, Vice President of Super Judah Promotions, “Zab Judah and Super Judah Promotions are looking forward to working with boxing’s premier promoter in Golden Boy Promotions. We understand the importance of partnering with the best promoter in the business. It’s the difference between having Zab in good fights and having Zab in great fights. Zab only wants to fight the best and Golden Boy Promotions stable of fighters is the best in boxing. ”
A New York boxing icon who was a five-time world champion with titles in the junior welterweight and welterweight divisions, Brooklyn’s Zab “Super” Judah (42-8, 29 KO’s) showed in his recent challenge for Danny Garcia’s 140-pound titles that he’s still a major player at both 140 and 147 pounds. A veteran of nearly 17 years in the pro game, Judah owns wins over Micky Ward, Junior Witter, DeMarcus Corley, Cory Spinks, and Lucas Matthysse, while also battling the likes of Floyd Mayweather, Amir Khan, Kostya Tszyu, and Miguel Cotto. Winner of six of his last eight bouts, the dazzling boxer-puncher continues to provide thrills for fight fans around the world, and if his recent form is any indication, the best may be yet to come.
Zab Judah’s next bout will be announced shortly.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent