- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
Golovkin-Ishida, Rodriguez-Maderna & Erdei-Grachev tomorrow night in Monte Carlo
(March 29,2012) – Tomorrow at 3pm EST/ 12pm PST, GFL.tv will air the Monte Carlo Million Dollar Super 4 LIVE Worldwide on iPPV. Along with the Million Dollar Super 4, Gennady Golovkin will defend his WBA Middleweight for the 7th time of his reign against former titlist and perennial spoiler Nobuhiru Ishida.
The Million Dollar Super 4 is a huge opportunity for the 4 combatants involved. The opening round with consist of Edwin Rodriguez (22-0 15KO’s) against Argentinean Olympian Ezequiel Osvaldo Maderna (19-0, 13KO’s) and former two-division world champion Zsolt Erdei (33-0, 18KO’s) squaring off against Denis Grachev (12-1-1, 8KO’s) in the opening round of the tournament. The two finalists will split a $1,000,000 total purse on a 60-40 basis, in Monaco in July as part of the commemoration of Nelson Mandela’s 95th Birthday Celebration. >
Edwin Rodriguez is coming off back to back impressive performances on HBO against perennial contender Don George (22-1) and previously undefeated prospect Jason Escalera (13-0-1). Known as one of the top prospects in the world, Edwin will look to defeat his tough Argentinean foe to position himself close to the $1,000,000 and a World title shot.
Argentinean Olympian Ezequiel Osvaldo Maderna is looking to create a name for himself in outside of Argentina and make a name for himself like fellow Argentinean’s Sergio Martinez, Marcos Maidana, and Lucas Matthysse. A victory over the popular Rodriguez would earn his spot in the world’s elite, while a loss would have him start from the drawing board.
Former Light Heavyweight & Cruiserweight Champion Zsolt Erdei will look to make his return to ring from 23 month layoff. Erdei, Hungary’s most popular fighter, will be in for a stiff test for someone who is trying to shake off ring rust. For now Denis Grachev stands in his way from reclaiming his spot as an Elite Light Heavyweight.
Denis Grachev exploded on to the scene in April 2012 when he stopped the highly touted prospect Ismayl Sillakh (18-0) in the 8th round of there tremendous encounter. Grachev had to dig deep an overcome a 3rd round knockdown to stop the man many believed to be the next big star. Grachev went on to drop a highly contested decision to former Super Middleweight champion Lucian Bute. Even in defeat, Grachev showed he had what it take to compete with the best and the move back to 175 may be the difference he needs.
If the opening round of the Million Dollar Super 4 isn’t enough action the event will be headlined by Gennady Golovkin (25-0, 22KO’s) defending his title against former titlist Nobuhiru Ishida (24-8-2, 9KO’s).
The Champion, Golovkin has been on quite a tear since turning pro. He quickly became a favorite at HBO dispatching of both his rival’s Grzegorz Proska (28-1) & Gabriel Rosado (21-5) in impressive fashion stopping both fighters inside of 8 rounds. Golovkin, who has been plagued by the fact other champions will not face him, found a formidable opponent in Ishida. Hopefully if Golovkin is successful the other titlists will no longer be able to avoid him.
Nobuhiru Ishida, who is a former WBA Jr Middleweight titlist, knows he may be out of chances if he is not able to rip the title from the grip of “GGG”.In 2011, Ishida pulled a huge upset by stopping James Kirkland (27-0), who many thought was soon to be World Champion, in the 1st round on HBO. Since the Kirkland fight he dropped to decisions to former champion Paul Williams & current WBO Champion Dmitry Pirog. One way or the other Ishida will come to fight since it may as well be the last opportunity of his career.
Rounding up the card will be EBU Jr Middleweight Champion Sergey Rabchenko (22-0, 16KO’s) will be defending his title against tough Italian for Adriano Nicchi (20-3-2, 9KO’s). Also the cruiserweights will be in action when hard hitting IIunga Makabu (12-1, 12KO’s) takes on rugged veteran Jean Marc Montrose (25-6, 15KO’s). In the opening bout Kirill Relikh (12-0, 10KO’s) will put his undefeated record on the line against the always game Paolo Gassani (16-3, 8KO’s).
The event is promoted by Rodney Berman’s Golden Gloves. The Golovkin-Ishida bout is promoted in association with K2 Promotions, while the Rodriguez-Maderna and Erdei-Grachev bouts are promoted in association with DiBella Entertainment.
Fans WORLDWIDE will be able to witness this Historic event from start to finish on GFL.tv. For more info click the link below:
As well as steaming this event to millions & millions of home, the staff a GFL.tv will be working non-stop to shut down illegal streams going on throughout the world to ensure boxing fans the ability to view this historic event in the best quality possible!
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn’t Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo’s Next Rival?