- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
Gennady Golovkin to fight on March 30th in Monte Carlo
STUTTGART, GERMANY (January 31, 2013) WBA/IBO Middleweight Champion Gennady “GGG’ Golovkin, wishes to congratulate International Boxing Federation (IBF) Champion Daniel Geale for his dominant performance over Anthony Mundine in their Australian showdown Wednesday in Sydney, Australia.
“I was impressed with Daniel Geale’s performance and wish to publicly congratulate him on his victory. I know this was personal for him as he had lost previously to Mundine and he certainly got his revenge” said Golovkin.
Geale chose to fight Mundine and give up the World Boxing Association (WBA) “Super” Middleweight Title rather than face Golovkin as was ordered by the WBA prior to Geale’s fight with Sturm.
“I also want to wish Felix Sturm the best of luck in his bout upcoming bout against Soliman, I’m sure he was quite disappointed losing to Geale last September and is looking to shine this Saturday against Soliman” continued Golovkin. Felix avoided me as his mandatory for over two years when he was champion, but I will give him the opportunity to fight for his old title whenever he would like to. “
Golovkin is preparing to stay very active in 2013; a year kicked off in style in a sensational performance on HBO, stopping Gabriel Rosado in the 7th round on JANUARY 19 at Madison Square Garden, “The Mecca of Boxing.” Golovkin is considered the most feared middleweight boasting a record of 25-0 with 22 KOs and is currently riding a knockout streak of 12 KOs in a row. GGG is scheduled to return on Saturday, March 30th in Monte Carlo.
“I want the biggest fights and the best challenges as I’ve said all along. With HBO broadcasting my fights, either Geale or Sturm would be a perfect fight this year. Geale said after the fight that he wanted to fight in the US this year, look no further we can make a title unification bout this summer.”
Another titleholder whom Golovkin has eyes on is WBO Middleweight Champion Peter Quillin. “I’m aware that his fight with Fernando Guerrero was pushed back until the end of April. He’s talked about fighting me in the past and I’m certainly interested if he’s serious.”
Golovkin would also welcome a unification fight with WBC Middleweight Champion Sergio Martinez, but realizes that fight might be a long way away. Sergio’s promoter Lou DiBella is afraid to acknowledge Golovkin for fear that it might set up a showdown of the two top fighters in the division. The hunter has now become the hunted.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada