- Beamen Ready to Rule!
- Sampson Boxing Reaches Promotional Agreement with Canada’s Tyson Cave
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Heavyweight Prospect LaRon Mitchell Signs w/ Thompson Boxing; Fights this Friday on “Path to Glory”
- “Bad” Chad Dawson returns to Foxwoods resort casino on October 4th
- GOLOVKIN 165, RUBIO 174.5 AT 30-DAY WBC WEIGH IN
Goodwin Promotions Ink Tom Dallas
Kent Heavyweight Tom Dallas is the latest fighter to sign a promotional deal with Goodwin Promotions.
Dallas now represents a trio of heavyweights under the Goodwin umbrella alongside Ian Lewison (promotional & managerial) and AJ Carter (promotional).
Dallas has won 16 of his 19 fights and last fought in the Heavyweight Prizefighter in June 2012.
After winning his first 16 fights he took a short notice fight against David Price which in hindsight was the wrong thing to do. Price despatched him in three and then in his next fight he went in with Matt Skelton. Dallas produced a lacklustre performance showing a total lack of confidence before being stopped in the fifth. Subsequently he fought in Prizefighter losing in the semi- final to eventual winner Tor Hamer.
Promoter Steve Goodwin was delighted to announce the signing. “There is no doubt Tom has plenty of talent but as I have always said it is important to bring a fighter on gradually. Tom was thrown in the lions den with Price and he then suffered confidence issues thereafter. We do things the right way and I am looking forward immensely to working with Tom and his team”.
· Team Dallas spokesman Dean Sutcliffe said “We at team Dallas felt it was high time to bring Tom Dallas back onto the British boxing scene. We have seen the way Goodwin Promotions have worked with other fighters and helped get their careers back on track and were impressed with their straight talking attitude to the game.
We feel that the three fight deal that we have signed with Goodwin Promotions will bring Tom back in the correct way and help him achieve his goals of winning a title. We aim to win at least a Southern Area title before the end of this year and depending on what happens in the British title mix get a British title Eliminator in the early part of next year. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the fans that have stuck by us in some difficult times and now let’s go and get that Belt.”
Tom will make his Goodwin Promotions debut on the title stacked “Trail of Destruction” card at York Hall on 29th June.
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Cletus Seldin blasts out Gil!