- The Witherspoon Family and Legacy will be on display this Saturday night
- Michael Devine announces ‘fight of the year’ against Danny Connor
- Skelton: Joshua could be another Audley Harrison
- Matthew Macklin and Anthony Joshua headline Aug 30 Dublin Show
- UniMás to Air Rigondeaux Title Defense at Venetian Macao, July 19 at 11 PM ET/PT
- Derek Ennis Steps in to Face Caleb Truax on Friday, July 25, At UIC Pavilion in Chicago
Greg Cohen Promotions Signs Arash Usmanee
Greg Cohen Promotions is proud to announce the signing of Afghani-Canadian super featherweight contender Arash Usmanee (20-1, 10 KOs) to a promotional contract. 31-year-old Usmanee, rated #14 by the IBF, has already won the NABA and WBC Continental Americas Championships as a professional. As an amateur he was a five-time National Canadian Champion.
Born in Kabul, Afghanistan, Usmanee and his family moved to Alberta, Canada, when he was three years old. He now resides in Montreal.
Usmanee’s only career defeat was a highly controversial 12-round decision to fellow contender Rances “Kid Blast” Barthelemy on January 4 of this year. Fighting in Barthelemy’s adopted home of Miami, Florida, and live on ESPN Friday Night Fights, Usmanee appeared to take the fight over at the midway point and grew more dominant as the rounds wore on. However, the judges saw it another way.
Cohen will serve as promoter with Paul Keefe as manager and former world champion Eddie Mustafa Muhammad as trainer.
“I’m looking forward to working with Team Usmanee,” said GCP CEO, Greg Cohen. “Arash is clearly one of the world’s best 130-lb fighters. He’s aggressive and fearless and never stops coming, which always makes for a great fight. We’ll be looking to move him into high-profile fights immediately.”
“I’m excited about the future,” said Usmanee. “Greg Cohen gets things done for his fighters, so I feel like I’m finally going to get my world title shot I always dreamed of. I just have to win the fights he gets for me. I have a great team in place and the next year is going to be a very exciting time.”
- Cameron Hammond outpoints Argentina’s Alfredo Rodolfo Blanco
- Ruslan Chagaev wins “Regular” WBA heavyweight title with majority decision win over Fres Oquendo
- Farenas stops Davis in 8th Dib & Martin win decisions
- Williams, Vincent remain unbeaten through tough battles on undercard of ESPN showcase
- Tori Nelson retains title in Baltimore!
- Younan And Cruz Stay Unbeaten At Foxwoods
- De Alba wins 11th in a row with 5th round stoppage over Batres
- Iron Mike Promotions: “Judgement Day” – Live Tonight on FoxSports1 (8ET/5PT)
- Let’s give Jesús the Space He’s Earned
- Weights From Miami, Florida: Argenis Mendez, 129.8 vs. Rances Bathelemy 130
- Mikey Garcia: Lara could out-box Canelo
- Lara: After Canelo, I want Mayweather
- Brook: I’ll prove I am the real deal against Porter
- Canelo vs Lara Grand Arrival Photos, Videos