- Beamen Ready to Rule!
- Sampson Boxing Reaches Promotional Agreement with Canada’s Tyson Cave
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Heavyweight Prospect LaRon Mitchell Signs w/ Thompson Boxing; Fights this Friday on “Path to Glory”
- “Bad” Chad Dawson returns to Foxwoods resort casino on October 4th
- GOLOVKIN 165, RUBIO 174.5 AT 30-DAY WBC WEIGH IN
Chisora getting ready for Malik Scott
Dereck Chisora will have the backing of the Grenadier Guards when he takes on top American challenger Malik Scott at Wembley Arena on Saturday 20th July.
The London puncher faces one of the biggest challenges of his career against the unbeaten Scott and knows that a victory will elevate him closer to a second world title shot.
In the build up to the fight Chisora and his trainer Don Charles met with the Army Boxers at the 1st Grenadier Guards gym at Lille Barracks in Aldershot and put the soldiers through a power-packed training session ahead of their own Inter-Company Boxing Championships.
Chisora was impressed with the talent that he saw and invited the troops to be his guests on the big night which also features title action from Gary O’Sullivan v Billy Joe Saunders and Carl Frampton v Everth Briceno, live and exclusive on the Channel of Champions, BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).
Chisora said, “I’m proud that these guys are coming to watch me fight at Wembley Arena against Scott. I know that the British and Americans Armed Forces are allies, but the Brits will all be in my corner to beat Scott. While I’ll be on the front line against Scott, I really commend these guys who are the real heroes fighting on the front line while we are safe at home.”
Captain J A Keeley MBE, Technical Quartermaster of the 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards, said, “Having one of the big names of British boxing come train with us is a real boost and inspiration to the lads ahead of their own big night at the Inter-Company Boxing Championships. We’re delighted that Dereck and his trainer Don came down to our gym before his fight against Scott, some of the lads are having their first fight so it was something that they will remember.”
Promoter Frank Warren, a patron of Tickets For Troops, has also allocated tickets to the charity for the big Wembley Arena fight night.
Ross Barden, Tickets For Troops Director of Operations, said “We are so grateful for this generous donation of tickets. It was fantastic to see Dereck and his trainer Don Charles getting stuck in with the lads from the Grenadier Guards. I know how excited they were to train with him and I am sure they will have an incredible time watching his bout next weekend at Wembley Arena.”
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Cletus Seldin blasts out Gil!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint
- Khan could be next for Mayweather, says Floyd Sr
- Groves asks Froch for fight, and gets turned down