- ESPN: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Alex Leapai on April 26 Bermane Stiverne vs. Chris Arreola May 10
- Countdown to "The Moment: Mayweather vs. Maidana"
- Mayweather Is Protecting The Throne
- Tyson Fury joins British Eurosport's studio for Klitschko/Leapai fight
- Alex Leapai-Wladimir Klitschko preview
- Maidana: "I don't care about titles, all I want to do is beat Mayweather"
- Quigley Comes Home – From Hollywood To Liverpool
- Averlant vs. Sahin: WBF World Championship May 7
- WSB: Cuba lead Russia after first semi-final
- Erislandy Lara to Attend 25th Anniversary Billboard Latin Music Conference
- IMAM vs. UGAS Co-Main Added to May 10 USC Galen Center ESPN Event
- Full Undercard for Golden Boy Live! event in Puerto Rico announced
Guinn Steps Up To Fight Adamek – NBCSN 8/3 Fight Night
Yesterday afternoon, Tony Grano pulled out of the fight against Tomas “Goral”Adamek due to a herniated disc issue. The 10-round heavyweight fight was slated as part of the “Three To See” triple header on the August 3rd NBC Sports Network Fight Night show. A short while later, Dominick “The Southern Disaster” Guinn eagerly stepped up to the plate to get a chance to fight on national TV.
Hailing from Hot Springs, Arkansas, Guinn, 34-9-1, 23 KO’s*, did not have to think twice about stepping up as the opponent for Adamek, 48-2, 29 KO’s. Guinn explained he is more than prepared to fight Adamek with just two weeks notice, “I’ve been in the gym for the last year. I really don’t take any time off, I’m a gym rat, I’m always in the gym.” He added, “Having just two weeks to prepare doesn’t bother me. I had so many amateur fights and dealing with alot of different styles, I don’t think it’s going to be hard to adjust.”
Guinn was clear about taking advantage of a great opportunity, “I’d like to thank Main Events and Tomasz Adamek for giving me this tremendous opportunity to get back into the ring and to step back into a TV fight. I think it’s going to be a great show and I am going to back where I need to be.”
Main Events CEO Kathy Duva was optimistic about the new turn of events. “If you recall we had less than two weeks to come up with two main event fighters for our first NBC Sports Network Fight Night show. That’s when Bryant Jennings and Maurice Byarm stepped up to the plate, and everyone knows the success that came out of that night. I think this show will meet and surpass all expectations.”
*Guinn record per Fight Fax
“THREE TO SEE” FIGHT INFO:
August 3rd “Three To See” card at Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, CT. In the main event Curtis Stevens and Saul Roman will clash for 10-rounds in a middleweight war. Also co-featured will be a 10-round cruiserweight battle between Eddie Chambers and Thabiso Mchunu. Heavyweight, Tomasz “Goral” Adamek will take on Dominick Guinn, Hot Springs, AR, 34-9-1, 23 KO’s, for 10-rounds. Vyacheslav “Czar” Glazkov will be featured on the undercard in an 8 round heavyweight fight, opponent TBA.
NBC Sports Network Fight Night will telecast the August 3rd show beginning 10:30PM EDT.
To find the location of the NBC Sports Network on your local cable, satellite or IPTV provider, click here: http://www.nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30092015/ns/sports/
Tweet the link to NBC Sports Network Fight Night channel finder: bit.ly/175UuU
Tickets are priced at $125 and $40 (price includes facility fees) and can be purchased by calling Mohegan Sun Box office 860-862-8499 or through Ticketmaster. For ADA accessible sales, call Mohegan Sun Box Office at 860-862-8499.
- Bernard Hopkins Historic Return to DC
- Adams and Monroe Jr. win and earn spots in Boxcino Middleweight final
- Clayton Defends WBF World Title In Madani Rematch
- Shawn “Showtime” Porter steals the show in DC!
- Page dominates Spearman for UBF All-Americas Title
- Porter Stops Malignaggi; Quillin Beats Konecny
- Bernard Hopkins Outpoints Beibut Shumenov
- Video: Browne vs Bahoeli this Saturday
- Adrien “The Problem” Broner Holds Media Workout—Photos and More!
- Is this Golden Boy/Showtime Tripleheader entertaining matchmaking or mismatches on premium cable?
- Final Presser Quotes – Thurman, Diaz, Matthysse, Molina, Figueroa & More
- Adrien Broner – Washington D.C quotes
- Omar Figueroa Vs. Jerry Belmontes: Two Fighters With A History
- Carl Froch and George Groves will come face-to-face again on May 1 on Sky Sports