- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Gunn Locked N’ Loaded for Johnson Showdown!
Hackensack, NJ (December 16, 2013) – Wednesday, December 18 2013 is a day that Bobby “The Celtic Warrior” Gunn hopes he’ll reminisce about for the rest of his life.
Gunn, a bare knuckle boxing legend who won multiple cruiserweight titles, fought a number of top fighters and participated in controversial fights, could spend hours talking about the trials and tribulations of his career.
“It’s no secret that my career’s been controversial,” stated Gunn, who was born in Canada but resides in New Jersey. “I’ve had a few fights stopped early, opponents switched on 24 hours notice, fought multiple times in hostile territory, sparred with more than 25 world champions when I was a young prospect and boxed all around the world. There was a lot of craziness that I have been a part of and that’s not even including my bare knuckle fights.”
Even with all he’s witnessed and been a part of, winning the WBU Cruiserweight championship Wednesday evening at Sands Casino in Bethlehem, PA against former Fighter of the Year and boxing great Glen Johnson would be the icing on the cake.
“Beating Glen Johnson is going to be the best memory of my entire pro or amateur career and would even top winning the bare knuckle championship. Johnson is one of the most underappreciated fighters in boxing history and he viciously knocked out my original opponent Roy Jones Jr. A victory on Wednesday evening would be the highest point of my career without question.”
With the proposed Roy Jones Jr. matchup moved multiple times prior to Jones Jr’s withdrawal, Gunn’s been a gym rat since the summer. The 39 year-old is in great condition and believes his extended training camp will be a big part of what leads him to victory.
“I’ve never spent so much time in the gym for one fight. In a way, it’s a blessing everything that went down with the Roy Jones Jr. situation because we had a lot of changes. What that means is I had the opportunity to work on everything in camp and I had tremendous sparring. Mark my word, I will be victorious Wednesday evening because this is The Gunn’s time!”
Tickets for the XFE promoted “Celtic Warrior vs Road Warrior”, a surefire candidate for Cruiserweight Fight of the Year, are available by going to http://sandseventcenter.com/event/details/world-championship-boxing/ or calling the Sands box office at 610-297-7400. The card is also available on IPPV for just $14.99 and can be ordered by going to http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Boxing/Glen_Johnson_V_Bobby_Gunn/2139
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev “The Krusher” back on the Boardwalk & Rios vs Chaves potential FOTY
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing