- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
- Fight Network Presents Fury vs. Ustinov LIVE this Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
Guzman-Mosquera WBA Interim world title fight June 28 in Florida
DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (May 31, 2013) — Acquinity Sports CEO Gary Jonas and Henry Rivalta, Vice President of Boxing Operations, have confirmed that Dominican Republic star and two-time, two-division world champion, Joan “Little Tyson” Guzman (33-1-1, 20 KOs), will face Panamanian Vicente “El Loco” Mosquera (32-2-1, 17 KOs) for the interim World Boxing Association (WBA) junior welterweight title on Friday, June 28, in Kissimmee, Florida.
“We are excited about this fight, not only because our fighter Guzman has the opportunity to reach another title for our team, but, because we have the pleasure of working together with one of the companies that has consistently presented boxing in Florida, All Star Boxing, which is owned by my friend, Tutico Zabala, Jr. “Rivalta said.
The 12-round WBA interim world title fight between the Guzman and Mosquera will be broadcast throughout America through TELEMUNDO Network’s series, “Boxeo Telemundo Ford,” as the main event of the night.
“I express my gratitude to Tutico Zabala, Jr. and hope this June 28th event is the beginning of a lasting partnership,” Rivalta added. “We are sure that the real winners of this fight will be Florida boxing fans. In addition, we are pleased to work with his boxing director, Ruben de Jesus, and Ricardo Rizzo, our advisor, who made every effort to make this fight a reality.”
Guzman in training
“We are focused on this fight,” Guzman said from his Miami gym, where he is trained by German Caicedo. “We know and respect Panamanian boxers. I understand that they (Team Mosquera) know me and I’m sure they will do everything possible to defeat us. But we are working hard and hope to get this title, which will put us closer to our goals.
“My short term goal is (WBA junior welterweight champion Khabib) Allakhverdiev. He has to win fair and square and that wasn’t the case in our fight last November. We are convinced that, by beating Mosquera on June 28th, we will be closer to fighting a rematch with Khabib to settle our outstanding accounts. First, though, we must beat Mosquera, and that’s exactly what we will do on Friday, June 28 in Kissimmee.”
Also fighting on the June 28th card is Puerto Rican featherweight Orlando “El Fenomeno” Cruz, who is preparing to defend his World Boxing Organization Latino title against an opponent to soon be determined. Five more exciting boxing fights are scheduled and the major fights will be broadcast by TELEMUNDO, starting at 11:30 p.m. ET.
Guzman-Mosquera is being presented in association with Henry Rivalta of Acquinity Sports.
Doors open at 7:30 p.m. ET, first bell at 8:30 p.m. ET. Tickets are available for sale, starting at a very affordable $20.00, at the Kissimmee Civic Center, 201 Dakin Ave. in downtown Kissimmee, or by calling 407-935-1412.
Go online to www.AquinitySports.com for additional information about Guzman or any of his Acquinity Sports stable-mates. Follow Acquinity Sports on Twitter @AcquinitySports, or friend is at Facebook.com/AcquinitySports.
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- Golovkin vs. Geale: Will Daniel thrive or try to survive? Or Gennedy Gololvkin: Good boy with bad intentions
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes