- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Guzman-Mosquera WBA Interim world title fight June 28 in Florida
DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (May 31, 2013) — Acquinity Sports CEO Gary Jonas and Henry Rivalta, Vice President of Boxing Operations, have confirmed that Dominican Republic star and two-time, two-division world champion, Joan “Little Tyson” Guzman (33-1-1, 20 KOs), will face Panamanian Vicente “El Loco” Mosquera (32-2-1, 17 KOs) for the interim World Boxing Association (WBA) junior welterweight title on Friday, June 28, in Kissimmee, Florida.
“We are excited about this fight, not only because our fighter Guzman has the opportunity to reach another title for our team, but, because we have the pleasure of working together with one of the companies that has consistently presented boxing in Florida, All Star Boxing, which is owned by my friend, Tutico Zabala, Jr. “Rivalta said.
The 12-round WBA interim world title fight between the Guzman and Mosquera will be broadcast throughout America through TELEMUNDO Network’s series, “Boxeo Telemundo Ford,” as the main event of the night.
“I express my gratitude to Tutico Zabala, Jr. and hope this June 28th event is the beginning of a lasting partnership,” Rivalta added. “We are sure that the real winners of this fight will be Florida boxing fans. In addition, we are pleased to work with his boxing director, Ruben de Jesus, and Ricardo Rizzo, our advisor, who made every effort to make this fight a reality.”
Guzman in training
“We are focused on this fight,” Guzman said from his Miami gym, where he is trained by German Caicedo. “We know and respect Panamanian boxers. I understand that they (Team Mosquera) know me and I’m sure they will do everything possible to defeat us. But we are working hard and hope to get this title, which will put us closer to our goals.
“My short term goal is (WBA junior welterweight champion Khabib) Allakhverdiev. He has to win fair and square and that wasn’t the case in our fight last November. We are convinced that, by beating Mosquera on June 28th, we will be closer to fighting a rematch with Khabib to settle our outstanding accounts. First, though, we must beat Mosquera, and that’s exactly what we will do on Friday, June 28 in Kissimmee.”
Also fighting on the June 28th card is Puerto Rican featherweight Orlando “El Fenomeno” Cruz, who is preparing to defend his World Boxing Organization Latino title against an opponent to soon be determined. Five more exciting boxing fights are scheduled and the major fights will be broadcast by TELEMUNDO, starting at 11:30 p.m. ET.
Guzman-Mosquera is being presented in association with Henry Rivalta of Acquinity Sports.
Doors open at 7:30 p.m. ET, first bell at 8:30 p.m. ET. Tickets are available for sale, starting at a very affordable $20.00, at the Kissimmee Civic Center, 201 Dakin Ave. in downtown Kissimmee, or by calling 407-935-1412.
Go online to www.AquinitySports.com for additional information about Guzman or any of his Acquinity Sports stable-mates. Follow Acquinity Sports on Twitter @AcquinitySports, or friend is at Facebook.com/AcquinitySports.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity