- Video - Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Floyd Mayweather's Trainer: Adrien Broner SUCKS ... Don't EVER Compare Him to Floyd!
- Alex Ariza Explains The Maidana Video
- Adrien Broner – the showman’s showdown
- Hitz Boxing to kick off 2014 season with two action packed fight cards
- Mayweather heads for 2014 bout with Pacquiao: belt or no belt?
- Bud Light Pro Fight 6 Weigh-in Results
- KHYTROV IMPRESSIVE IN PRO DEBUT-STOPS NAVA IN 1 TO HIGHLIGHT MEMORABLE NIGHT OF BOXING AT PACKED WEBSTER HALL
- Light Heavyweight Anatoliy Dudchenko Inks With Main Events
- Mendez not leaving Barthelemy Jan. 3 World title fight in judges’ hands
- Usmanee vs Rodriguez on Friday Night Fights, January 10 at Emerald Queen Casino
- Video: Floyd Mayweather Talks About Mayweather Promotions
- Would Floyd have beaten Maidana if he had moved up in weight so quickly?
- Martin Murray vs Miguel Cotto
- I Think Adrien Broner Will Be A FUTURE Legend
- Will A Japanese Boxer Ever Be WBC Heavyweight Champion?
- Brandon Rios call out Provodnikov, who wins?
- Viktor Postol..
- The Courage of Tommy Burns
- At the age of 24 who was more impressive against Maidana- Khan or Broner?
Guzman-Mosquera WBA Interim world title fight June 28 in Florida
DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (May 31, 2013) — Acquinity Sports CEO Gary Jonas and Henry Rivalta, Vice President of Boxing Operations, have confirmed that Dominican Republic star and two-time, two-division world champion, Joan “Little Tyson” Guzman (33-1-1, 20 KOs), will face Panamanian Vicente “El Loco” Mosquera (32-2-1, 17 KOs) for the interim World Boxing Association (WBA) junior welterweight title on Friday, June 28, in Kissimmee, Florida.
“We are excited about this fight, not only because our fighter Guzman has the opportunity to reach another title for our team, but, because we have the pleasure of working together with one of the companies that has consistently presented boxing in Florida, All Star Boxing, which is owned by my friend, Tutico Zabala, Jr. “Rivalta said.
The 12-round WBA interim world title fight between the Guzman and Mosquera will be broadcast throughout America through TELEMUNDO Network’s series, “Boxeo Telemundo Ford,” as the main event of the night.
“I express my gratitude to Tutico Zabala, Jr. and hope this June 28th event is the beginning of a lasting partnership,” Rivalta added. “We are sure that the real winners of this fight will be Florida boxing fans. In addition, we are pleased to work with his boxing director, Ruben de Jesus, and Ricardo Rizzo, our advisor, who made every effort to make this fight a reality.”
Guzman in training
“We are focused on this fight,” Guzman said from his Miami gym, where he is trained by German Caicedo. “We know and respect Panamanian boxers. I understand that they (Team Mosquera) know me and I’m sure they will do everything possible to defeat us. But we are working hard and hope to get this title, which will put us closer to our goals.
“My short term goal is (WBA junior welterweight champion Khabib) Allakhverdiev. He has to win fair and square and that wasn’t the case in our fight last November. We are convinced that, by beating Mosquera on June 28th, we will be closer to fighting a rematch with Khabib to settle our outstanding accounts. First, though, we must beat Mosquera, and that’s exactly what we will do on Friday, June 28 in Kissimmee.”
Also fighting on the June 28th card is Puerto Rican featherweight Orlando “El Fenomeno” Cruz, who is preparing to defend his World Boxing Organization Latino title against an opponent to soon be determined. Five more exciting boxing fights are scheduled and the major fights will be broadcast by TELEMUNDO, starting at 11:30 p.m. ET.
Guzman-Mosquera is being presented in association with Henry Rivalta of Acquinity Sports.
Doors open at 7:30 p.m. ET, first bell at 8:30 p.m. ET. Tickets are available for sale, starting at a very affordable $20.00, at the Kissimmee Civic Center, 201 Dakin Ave. in downtown Kissimmee, or by calling 407-935-1412.
Go online to www.AquinitySports.com for additional information about Guzman or any of his Acquinity Sports stable-mates. Follow Acquinity Sports on Twitter @AcquinitySports, or friend is at Facebook.com/AcquinitySports.
- Pacquiao Scores Another Court Victory
- Jhonny Gonzalez vs. Abner Mares” Announced For Feb. 15, 2014 At Staples Center – Tickets On Sale Tomorrow At 10 a.m. PT
- Floyd Mayweather’s Trainer: Adrien Broner SUCKS … Don’t EVER Compare Him to Floyd!
- WBC News On Klitschko, Stiverne, Arreola
- Opponent Change For Frankie Gavin
- Vitali Klitschko may have vacated the WBC crown, but it could soon be back in the Klitschko family…
- Video – Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Odom and Barnwell Score Wins
- Maidana Shocked the Boxing World with an Upset Victory over Broner
- Broner gets beat up and knocked down by Maidana
- Marcos Maidana solves The Problem
- Maidana punishes Broner – a hype job exposed, or can Broner bounce back?
- Kubrat Pulev stops late sub Joey Abell to defend his IBF intercontinental title
- WBA Interim Welterweight title holder Keith Thurman stops Jesus Soto Karass in nine