- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
Hall challenges Saunders on March 21st in London
Matthew Hall has told British and Commonwealth Middleweight Champion Billy Joe Saunders to write him off at his expense ahead of their fight on Thursday 21st March at London’s York Hall.
The Manchester puncher, a former Commonwealth champion at light-middleweight, gets another shot at glory when he challenges the undefeated Hatfield star for his titles, live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).
Hall, who’s stopped 16 out of his 25 wins with 12 inside three rounds, is determined to create a huge upset by being the first to beat Saunders who’s regarded as one of British boxing’s best young talents.
“If Hall’s expecting an easy night and thinks he can just turn up and beat me, he’s in for the shock of his life,” Said Hall.
“People are writing me off because I’ve had a few bad nights, but all I say is don’t be shocked when I beat him, I’ll be laying it all on the line against Saunders,”
“I rate him, he’s a good fighter, he’s got good fast hands and movement, but relative power, he couldn’t put away Bradley Pryce who I stopped in two rounds yet he went twelve rounds with him, I’ll be the stronger man on the night for sure,”
“He’s got a great amateur pedigree, but he hasn’t been hit clean yet in the pros and his chin hasn’t been tested, we don’t know if he can fight, but we’ll find out on the night. I’ve seen a few things in his last fight against Nick Blackwell that I believe I can exploit,”
“I fight best when my back’s up against the wall and the York Hall will be a hostile atmosphere but I’ll rise to the occasion.”
Saunders v Hall headlines an action-packed card that features two further title fights: Penge welterweight Bradley Skeete making the first defence of his Southern Area title against Basingstoke’s Darryl Still, and Tony Conquest’s rematch with WBO International Cruiserweight Champion Neil Dawson. Also on the card are some of Britain’s most talented young fighters including unbeaten Canning Town lightweight Billy Morgan; Cheshunt’s undefeated super-flyweight prospect Charlie Hoy; middleweight Tom Baker from Chingford and super-middleweight John Dignum from Bowers Gifford. Finally, 2010 Commonwealth Games Champion Simon Vallily from Middlesborough makes his professional debut.
Tickets priced at £40 and £60 are available from Frank Warren Promotions Box Office on 01992 550 888.
Saunders v Hall is live and exclusive on The Home of Champions BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546). Join at www.boxnation.com
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- The Pugilist KOrner: Ann Wolfe, Kermit Cintron, Sugar Hill, Karim Mayfield, Gary Russell Jr, and more
- Bernard Hopkins & Beibut Shumenov Washington D.C. Presser Quotes
- DANNY “SWIFT” GARCIA MAKES HIS GRAND ARRIVAL IN PUERTO RICO
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior