- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
- WSB: Daniel Asenov is the hero of the day
Haskins Predicts British Title Thriller
For the first time in fifteen years Bristol will play host to a British title fight as Lee Haskins the hometown hero challenges Martin Ward on Saturday 27th April. Promoter Chris Sanigar has fought
tooth and nail to secure his man home advantage at the City Academy, Bristol.
Lee Haskins is hoping to bounce back from his epic struggle against Stephane Jamoye when he lost his European title back in December. Haskins is still rated at number 1 by the European
Boxing Union (EBU) with Ward rated #3. As well as the prestigious Lonsdale belt on the line, the winner will be on course for a European title shot.
On the subject of his British title fight Haskins added, “I am very keen to get back in the ring against Martin Ward on April 27th and put on a show for my home crowd, I think he is a very good
fighter and we are going to show Bristol what it has been missing for all of these years.”
Haskins whose battle with Jamoye was voted as the second best fight of the year by Boxing News insists that he is not looking past Newcastle’s Martin Ward. The northerner who has only lost
once in 17 fights is hungry for his first major title but the Bristolian feels that his experience and home town advantage will give him the edge.
“If you come to Bristol and hear my fans roaring me on to win, it is a different atmosphere altogether, he will find it very tough. As a kid I remember the great atmosphere’s the Bristol fans created
for Ross Hale and Glenn Catley, I can’t wait for my chance.”
A delighted Chris Sanigar said “It is fantastic to have championship boxing back in Bristol, we have given Lee home advantage and it should be a historic night for the Bristol fight fans.”
Also on the card, Dean Francis will continue his successful comeback in his hunt to recapture the British Light heavyweight title that he relinquished in 2008.
Since returning last December Dean has knocked out previously unbeaten Welsh Champion Justyn Hugh and outpointed Hungarian journeyman Attila Tibor Nagy. He is keen to get back to
“I am a champion and I belong at championship level, the light heavyweight division is very open at the moment and I am right in the mix. I am hoping that after this fight I will be fighting for the
Lonsdale belt and I intend to win it.”
Tickets for Haskins vs Ward at the City Academy Bristol on April 27th are on sale now priced £35 unreserved and £60 ringside. VIP table seating is available at £80 and £100. All can be purchased from Bristol Boxing Box office on 0117 949 6699.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather’s Power
- Maidana doesn’t have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money