- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Bradley/Marquez Officials Announced
World Boxing Organization (WBO), by president Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel, announced today the referees and judges who will work this Saturday, October 12, in the title bouts between Timothy Bradley against Juan Manuel Marquez and Orlando Salido versus Orlando Cruz, to be held at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, in a Top Rank presentation.
For the fight between the WBO welterweight champion, Bradley (30-0, 12 KOs) and the WBO junior welterweight Marquez (55-6-1, 40 KOs) where Bradley will make his second defense, the referee will be Robert Byrd.
The judges for the Bradley-Marquez bout will be Glenn Feldman, Patricia Morse Jarman and Robert Hoyle. The WBO supervisor for this fight will be president Paco Valcarcel himself.
Bradley is a former WBO junior welterweight champion and Marquez is a former world champion in four weight divisions.
Meanwhile, for the clash between the former featherweight world champion Salido (39-12-2, 27 KOs) against the WBO #1 featheweight ranked Cruz (20-2-1, 10 KOs) for the vacant WBO featherweight belt, the referee will be Kenny Bayless.
The judges for the Salido-Cruz fight are Jerry Roth, Ed Kugler and Glenn Trowbridge. The WBO supervisor for this bout will Leon Panoncillo Jr.
Also in this card, on October 12, the two time World Amateur Champion and two time Olympic gold medalist, Vasyl Lomachenko, will make history with his professional debut against Mexican Jose Ramirez (25-3, 15 KOs) for the WBO International featherweight title in a fight scheduled to 10 rounds.
TODAY! Bradley & Márquez Wynn Las Vegas Grand Arrivals – 12:30 PM PT
LAS VEGAS, NV (October 8, 2013 ) — Undefeated World Boxing Organization (WBO) Welterweight Champion TIMOTHY BRADLEY Jr. and four-division world champion and Méxican icon JUAN MANUEL MÁRQUEZ, the only two men to beat Fighter of the Decade Manny Pacquiao in the past seven years, will make their Las Vegas Grand Arrivals Today! Tuesday, October 8, at the South Valet Entrance of Wynn Las Vegas (3131 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV. 89109), beginning at 12:30 p.m. PT. Bradley and Márquez, along with their respective trainers, Joel Diaz and Hall of Famer Ignacio “Nacho” Beristáin, will be greeted by executives of Wynn Las Vegas and promoters Bob Arum and Fernando Beltran while meeting their loyal fans. All the participants will be available for interviews.
12:30 p.m. – Team Bradley
1:00 p.m. – Team Márquez
While Bradley (30-0, 12 KOs), of Palm Springs, Calif., and Márquez (55-6-1, 40 KOs), of México City, enter this World Welterweight Championship fight fresh from Fight of the Year caliber performances, Márquez will also be attempting to become the first Méxican fighter to win world titles in five different weight divisions.
HBO Set to Telecast “Weigh-In Live: Bradley/Marquez” – Friday, Oct. 11 at 6:00 p.m. ET/PT
Oct. 7, 2013 –- Boxing fans can get a ringside seat for one of the sport’s most dramatic pre-fight activities when HBO telecasts WEIGH-IN LIVE: BRADLEY/MARQUEZ, the world championship fight weigh-in, featuring welterweight rivals Timothy Bradley Jr. and Juan Manuel Marquez. The hour special airs Friday, Oct. 11 at 6:00 p.m. (ET/PT) on HBO.
Hosted by Jim Lampley, the fast-moving program will include the moment when both prizefighters tip the scales as well as providing boxing fans with unprecedented access to the festivities. Live interviews with special guests will be part of the hour-long presentation. All the action takes place at The Wynn Las Vegas.
Immediately following WEIGH-IN LIVE will be the all-access HBO reality series “24/7 Bradley/Marquez.” An encore replay of episodes one and two will air back-to-back at 7:00 p.m. (ET/PT). An encore presentation of WEIGH-IN LIVE will air at 8:00 p.m. (ET/PT).
The official fight headquarters for boxing fans all week long is insidehboboxing.com where fans can log on for exclusives features from fight week in Las Vegas.
Promoted by Top Rank®, in association with Zanfer Promotions, Wynn Las Vegas, Márquez Boxing, and Tecate, Bradley vs. Márquez will take place This Saturday! October 12 at the Thomas & Mack Center, on the campus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. It will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View®, beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 p.m. PT.
Remaining Tickets to Bradley vs. Márquez, priced at $800, $600, $400, $300, $200 , $100 and $50, can be purchased at the Thomas & Mack Center Box Office, online at UNLVtickets.com, at UNLVtickets Outlet Town Square Las Vegas Concierge, or by calling 702-739-FANS (3267).
Follow HBO Boxing news at www.hbo.com/boxing; on Facebook at www.facebook.com/hboboxing; and on Twitter @hboboxing. Use the Hashtag #BradleyMarquez to join the conversation on twitter.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev “The Krusher” back on the Boardwalk & Rios vs Chaves potential FOTY
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing