- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
Hurshid Tojibaev: “APB gives me financial stability”
Lausanne, Switzerland, August 23, 2013 – The AIBA Pro Boxing (APB) “Boxer of the Week” social media campaign continues to surprise its followers by unveiling each week boxers from all corners of the globe. The last days were dedicated to Uzbekistan’s Beijing Olympian and World Series of Boxing (WSB) Lightweight (60kg) Hurshid Tojibaev.
Answering the questions of the APB campaign followers on facebook (facebook.com/APB.Boxing), Tojibaev confessed that boxing was his destiny and that he could have never escaped. He talked about his motivation and the daily support of his father.
The Uzbek also shared his wonderful memories in the WSB and explained why he thinks it offers the best possible transition to APB. “I enjoyed that experience so much! Actually, I truly cherish my stay within both Mexican and Azeri Franchises”.
On his drive to join APB he said: “I guess every boxer is motivated by building his career and by the financial benefits of it. This is why the APB project looks really attractive to me. It gives me financial stability. I will be able to continue supporting my family while boxing in the pro ranks and maybe coming back to the Olympics as well”.
The full interview is available here http://bit.ly/12vUQxN
APB’s “Boxer of the Week” campaign was launched on May 13th. It is designed to unveil the entire APB boxers’ roster athlete by athlete.
AIBA Pro Boxing (APB) is a pro-style boxing competition program under the governance of AIBA to be launched in 2014.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015