- Bob Arum on Mayweather Jr. vs. Pacquiao: “All signs seem to point to the fight happening early next year"
- Johnny Nelson: I could still beat 'plastic' champion Huck
- Jermain Taylor -- FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN ... Cops Say
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Pac And Floyd Versus Love For The Sport (Part VI)
- Szili ready to capture UBF world title, Wants to face Golovkin, Cotto, Martinez, Quillin, and Felix Sturm
- Juan Pablo Lopez Vs. Fernando Torres, Jeffrey Fontanez Vs. Gilberto Gonzalez
- Dodgers Give Manny Pacquiao the Start For Labor Day Game
- Berto vs Upsher on Sept 6
- Jose Ramirez Visits Vally Children’s Hospital
Iain Butcher Returns on October 11th for vacant WBO Europe Title
After a controversial loss to Kevin Satchell in July, Flyweight Iain Butcher returns to action on October 11th against Gabor Molnar for the vacant WBO European Flyweight title, headlining a packed card at Ravenscraig Sports Facility in Motherwell.
The Hungarian based Molnar, was a very experienced amateur and comes into the October 11th fight with a very impressive 12-3-0 record. His only defeats coming in a WBA Intercontinental title fight, a Hungarian title fight and a contest in Canada versus World ranked Tyson Cave at bantamweight.
His 12 wins include nine by KO, and represents a tough opponent for Butcher in his first fight since the Satchell defeat.
Looking to build on Butchers recent performance’s promoter Paul Graham is using this title fight to keep his fighter in the title mix “Iain went into his last fight as the underdog, but he came away with a lot of fans and proof that title level is were he belongs. He has shown his class and has the ability to go far in the sport and I am looking forward to putting him on again in Motherwell were the local support has been incredible.
Looking forward to getting back out, the 21 year old has already started training “I’ve been ticking over in the gym for a few weeks while they have been sorting out the opponent. I am looking forward to fighting again in Motherwell and also fighting for a title gives me an added incentive as I know a win in this fight could get me a top 15 world ranking with The WBO.
After picking up his first professional loss, the Jerviston fighter added “It is hard to taste a defeat, especially a controversial one where most people thought that I won, no fighter likes the feeling of it, however I feel I came out more galvanised by the experience and I have taken a lot from it. I know what we can work on coming into this fight and I will make sure we see the best of me on October 11th
Prospect Boxing presents an Evening of Championship Boxing at the Ravenscraig Sports Centre, Motherwell on Friday October 11th. The Main event sees Iain Butcher take on Hungarian Gabor Molnar for the vacant WBO European Flyweight Title.
The undercard sees the return of Chris Steel(Coltness) vs Mike Towel (Dundee) and also features Mark Parvin (Wishaw) vs Gerry Brady (Airdrie), Martin McCord, Rhys Pagan. Also in action is former commonwealth title challenger Mitch Prince. Tickets are priced at £30 and £40 and available from the fighters or by calling 01698 338 888
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Matt Korobov signs for Quillin fight
- Roach: Mayweather is shot, but we want Pacquiao to fight him
- Mayweather Promotions Final Weights, Quotes For Saturday’s Shobox: The New Generation Tripleheader
- DMV’s Celebrity Weekend of Champions!
- Bob Arum on Mayweather Jr. vs. Pacquiao: “All signs seem to point to the fight happening early next year”
- Johnny Nelson: I could still beat ‘plastic’ champion Huck
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript