- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- POPULAR TWO-TIME NEW YORK GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION EARL NEWMAN TO MAKE PRO DEBUT ON OCTOBER 4TH AT FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, IN MASHANTUCKET, CONN.
- Special Afternoon Edition of Fight Night on Broadcast NBC
- TICKET ALERT!! IMP Presents The Pride of Pittsburgh II, Friday November 14th
- TRAVIS SCOTT HEADLINES WFC 30, PROFESSIONAL BOXING IN BATON ROUGE
- JOSEPH “JO JO” DIAZ VS. RAUL “BULE” HIDALGO TO REPLACE ANTONIO TARVER VS. JOHNATHON BANKS AS MAIN EVENT IN MONDAY, SEPT. 29 GOLDEN BOY LIVE! EVENT DUE TO TARVER INJURY
- USA Boxing’s Experienced Women’s Squad Prepare to Travel South of the Border for the 2014 Elite Women’s Continental Championships
IBF Africa Boxing News
Namibian Fun Boy “Prince” Immanuel Naidjala is having great fun as he train for the IBF vacant International bantamweight rumble against Botswana’s teachers cum paid rank boxer Lesley Sekotwe. The tournament which is a rematch after their first bout was declared a draw will take place on July 7, 2013 at the Windhoek Country Club Resort and Casinos in the outskirt of Namibian Capital City of Windhoek.
The tournament is widely discussed in South West Africa as both boxers have good records and entourage of boxing fans who keep twitting and sms to each other about the outcome of the rumble!
“Prince” Immanuel Naidjala will go to the ring with a record of 16(10)-0-1 against Lesley Sokotwe’s 10 (8)-0-2. Their first tournament on March 20, 2013 was so intense that pundits are having difficult to predict who will snatch the victory come July 5, 2013.
In another development, Lesley Sekotswe decided to shave his Rasta’s dreadlocks in readiness for the rumble with “Prince” Immanuel Naidjala. This came as “Prince” Naidjala was making threats to shave them in the ring during their rumble in July 5, 2013.
In a quick rejoinder to the “Prince’s” threats, Sekotwe’s manager/trainer Bond Ndagula (007) said that Naidjala should be prepared for a tough bout. “Sekotswe will be firing from all cylinders, we can’t wait for the night” said Bond Ndugula a.k.a 007. He said that boxing fans in Botswana have already hired several busses to transport them to Windhoek in support to the “Teacher”.
Botswana National Sports Council (BNSC) is footing both trainings and meals bills for Lesley Sekotswe as he prepare to face “Prince” Immanuel Naidjala. BNSC is an autonomous government agency charged with an overall responsibility of Coordinating, Regulating, Financing, Providing and Promoting sports in Botswana and they want to use Sekotswe’s tourney in July 7 as a benchmark for professional boxing in Botswana.
The Namibian boxing TYCOON, Nestor Tobias is responsible for this great promotional outfit. Nestor Tobias is the promoter of all time and he owns and manages Sunshine Boxing Promotion Academy, that has added great values to boxing as number one sport in Namibia thanks to his due diligence and love for his country! Tobias, himself a former international amateur boxer has two world titles in his stable in Lightweight and Bantamweight.
As the region grapples with this impending “pound for pound” rumble slated for July 5, 2013, the one billion dollars question lingering in the minds of many boxing fans is who between the “Prince” Immanuel Naidjala and the “Teacher” Lesley Sekotwe will emerge as the IBF International Bantamweight “KING” on JULY 5, 2013.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things