It´s on: Huck vs. Arslan II in Stuttgart, Germany on September 14!
(Photo: Wende) Team Sauerland can finally confirm that the hotly anticipated rematch between Marco Huck (36-2-1, 25 K.o.´s) and Firat Arslan (33-6-2, 21 K.o.´s) is official. The WBO Cruiserweight Champion takes on his mandatory challenger at the Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle in Stuttgart, Germany. The pair will once again trade blows on September 14 in a fight that promises to be a real cracker.
Last time round, the two Germans met on November 3. Back then Huck won by a disputable unanimous decision (115-113, 115-113 and 117-111) at the Gerry Weber Stadion in Halle/Westphalia, Germany. Right after their thrilling encounter Arslan demanded a rematch.
“I still believe that I won our first fight. I should be the world champion”, said the former WBA Titlist who lives close to the city of Stuttgart. The 42-year-old cruiserweight recently defeated Varol Vekiloglu and therefore made the WBO mandatory status his own. “I won’t let my second chance to capture the crown just slip away. This is a fight right on my own home turf.”
For Huck, the second outing against Arslan is a question of honor. “I understand that Firat is disappointed. I was in the same position after I fought Alexander Povetkin. I saw myself as the winner in that match-up but the judges didn’t. That is exactly why I always said that I would give Firat a rematch even if he wasn’t my mandatory challenger.”
Frederick Ness, managing director of Team Sauerland, is also excited about the constellation of the championship bout. “This is one of the fights that was right at the top of every boxing fans wish list. Their first bout was full of drama and excitement. That is why I cannot wait for September 14.”
Tickets for the big fight night at the Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle in Stuttgart, Germany will be available from this coming weekend onwards at www.eventim.de, www.easyticket.de and www.boxen.com.
- Beibut Shumenov set to make Golden Boy Promotions debut
- David Price vacates British and Commonwealth titles
- Rigondeaux-Agbeko, Kirkland-Tapia and Macklin-Russ this Saturday on HBO
- Bobby Gunn vs. Glen Johnson for WBU Cruiserweight World Championship Dec 18th
- Tickets available for Sunday’s Ring 8 Holiday Event and Awards Ceremony in NY
- An open letter from Dereck Chisora to Deontay Wilder
- Lara ready to ‘bust up Austin Trout’s mouth’ live on BoxNation
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights
- Stevenson obliterates Bellew; Kovalev crushes Sillakh