- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
- Philippine Supreme Court issues temporary restraining order in Manny Pacquiao tax case
Jägermeister, Freddie Roach announce “A Brother in your Corner” campaign
Jägermeister is proud to announce “A Brother in your Corner,” a social responsibility campaign and consumer competition with legendary boxing trainer, Freddie Roach. Arguably the most noteworthy trainer in boxing today and one of the greatest of all time, Hall of Famer Freddie Roach has trained 31 world champion boxers.
Over the course of his career, Roach has been very outspoken about taking care of his fighters in and out of the ring, advising them when it is time to call a fight or walk away from the round. Regardless of how unpopular of a decision it may be, Roach puts his brotherhood of boxers first and lives by the same code that Jägermeister follows, The Jager Code. The code of always having “A Brother in your Corner”.
Jägermeister and Freddie Roach challenge consumers to share stories of how they live by the “Jager Code” for a chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Vegas with 3 friends where they will receive a private training session from Roach himself, boxing tickets, dinner with the boxing great and VIP access to the weekend’s most exclusive party.
A Brother in Your Corner Competition begins February 19th and runs for 8 weeks. Each week, two entrants will advance to the final round, one based on popular vote and one Jägermeister-chosen wildcard, aptly named for Roach’s gym in Los Angeles. Those who advance due to popular vote will also receive boxing memorabilia signed by Roach. The grand prize winner of the ultimate weekend in Vegas will be hand-selected by Freddie Roach and announced the week of April 21st.
Freddie Roach says, “Jägermeister’s ‘A Brother in Your Corner’ competition challenges everyone to step up and show how strong their bonds are within their brotherhoods. I know these bonds well, as I believe I have lived by this code throughout my entire career in boxing. I have been fortunate to train 31 world champions yet I feel it is not always about the win. It’s about always being in their corner and having their back.”
“Social responsibility is extremely important to the Jägermeister brand and to Sidney Frank Importing Company, Inc. We are proud to partner with Freddie Roach to launch the pioneering ‘A Brother in Your Corner’ program which was developed to promote responsible consumption. We intend to effectively communicate the power of knowing when you’ve had enough and it’s better to sit a round out,” says Amanda Blanco, VP of Marketing for Jägermeister at Sidney Frank Importing Company, Inc.
For official rules, full details on how to enter plus exclusive videos from Freddie Roach, Gerry Penalosa, James Toney, Wayne McCullough and Eva Futch, widow of the late Eddie Futch, visit www.jagercode.com
In May of 2012, Jägermeister unveiled “Stronger Bond”, the brand’s first ever television and 360° advertising campaign in the United States. Aimed at the 21-29 year old male demographic, Jägermeister brought together seven men at the top of their respective crafts to form the ultimate bond. Freddie Roach was among these men, who not only had to embody the untamed edge of Jägermeister, but also had to be a part of a group whose success relies on their strong bonds with others – one of the foremost social components of the brand.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Frampton will beat Kiko Martinez, says Santa Cruz
- Wladimir working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev