- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Jean Pascal and Lucian Bute are ready!
InterBox and Groupe Yvon Michel (GYM) are very pleased to confirm the rescheduled date for the much anticipated Light Heavyweight bout featuring Jean Pascal (28-2-1, 17 KO) vs. Lucian Bute (31-1-0, 24 KO). This local bout with high International intrigue will take place on Saturday, January 18th 2014 at the Montreal Bell Centre. HBO World Championship Boxing will televise.
This high profile bout between two former World champions was originally scheduled to take place last May 25th, but was postponed due to an injury to Lucian Bute’s left hand.
Yvon Michel, President of GYM, is very enthusiastic that this long awaited bout is finally rescheduled: “We are preparing for an event like no other in Canadian history. This event will be the new measuring stick for us in our sport, and this statement is true as much for boxing fans as it is for the fight itself and the intensity surrounding it”.
“We are excited to finally present this event. Our fans have waited a long time for this. Both boxers are ready so believe me, nobody will regret the wait,”adds InterBox president Jean Bedard.
“Finally! I have been waiting for this fight for years,” states former World Light Heavyweight champion Jean Pascal, who celebrated his 31st birthday on Monday. “I believe my opponent’s team conspired to postpone the fight in an attempt to demoralize me. Believe me, it did not work! On January 18th the ring will be too small for the both of us. Bute will not be able to hide. I will expose him”.
“As you all know already, I will arrive to the ring very well prepared. This is a fight that I wanted. I am going to have fun on January 18th, and so are the majority of Quebecers present at the Bell Centre,” declares former Super Middleweight champion Lucian Bute, who will be stepping up to Light Heavyweight for the bout.
Boxing in Quebec is surging more than ever!
Over the last few years, Quebec has become the International reference point for the quality of its boxers, the Champions it has developed, as well as the competencies of the two biggest promoters, GYM and InterBox.
It has now become second nature for boxing fans throughout Quebec to expect thrilling fights and intriguing boxing events loaded with talent right in their own backyard. What started off as local interest has now caught the eye of the most popular International broadcaster in the World, HBO. This prestigious network will be visiting Quebec and producing their 4th major Show in the Province in 7 months time.
“We have nothing to envy from anyone. We can compete with every American city. HBO loves coming here and have genuine interest in all our boxers, not just the champions. This is definitely a source of pride for us,” states Jean Bedard.
“Over 15,000 tickets have already been sold. We are convinced we will pass the 20,000 fan mark at the Bell Centre. The entire World will be looking in with admiration on January 18th,” states Yvon Michel.
Both boxers have signed the antidoping protocol and will be tested randomly over the next two and a half month period. These tests, comprised of urine and blood collection, are subject to World Anti Doping Agenecy (WADA) standards, which are similar to Olympic style testing.
Tickets on sale now
Tickets are now on sale at evenko.ca, or by dialing 1-855-310-2525, or by contacting Club de boxe Champion at 514-376-0980.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity