- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
Jermell Charlo vs Harry Joe Yorgey on Jan 26
The first SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING event of 2013 now has an intriguing opener, with unbeaten Texas junior middleweight Jermell “Iron Man” Charlo battling his toughest opponent to date in Pennsylvania veteran Harry Joe Yorgey in a ten-round bout at The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nev. on Saturday, January 26. The telecast will begin live at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME (delayed on the West Coast).
In the main event, Argentinean knockout artist Lucas Matthysse defends his WBC Interim Super Lightweight World Championship against Mike “The Silent Assassin” Dallas Jr. while the co-feature will see a ten-round junior middleweight bout between warriors Selcuk Aydin and Jesus Soto Karass.
This stellar SHOWTIME tripleheader is presented by Golden Boy Promotions and sponsored by Corona and AT&T with Matthysse vs. Dallas being presented in association with Arano Box Promotions and Goossen Tutor Promotions, Aydin vs. Soto Karass being presented in association with Arena Box Promotions and Charlo vs. Yorgey being presented in association with Banner Promotions. P reliminary fights will air live on SHOWTIME EXTREME® beginning at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast).
Tickets priced at $150, $100, $75, $50 and $25, plus applicable taxes, fees and services charges, along with a limited number of VIP suite seats priced at $125, are on sale now and may be purchased at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Box Office, all Ticketmaster locations, online at www.ticketmaster.com or by phone at (800) 745-3000.
After putting together three big wins in 2012, Houston’s Jermell Charlo (19-0, 9 KO’s) is looking forward to topping that total in 2013 and he begins that quest on January 26. The winner of bouts over Chris Chatman, Denis Douglin and Dashon Johnson last year, the talented 22-year-old known as the “Iron Man” will be ready for Harry Joe Yorgey in the SHOWTIME opener.
A blue collar boxer who is in the business of showing up to fight from the opening bell to the final one, Bridgeport, Pennsylvania’s Harry Joe Yorgey (25-1-1, 12 KO’s) is one of the toughest veterans in the fight game today. A professional since 2002, the 35-year-old Yorgey has won nine of his last 10 fights, with his only loss coming to Alfredo Angulo in 2009. 3-0 with two knockouts since that setback, Yorgey is planning to give Charlo a test he won’t forget.
A complete slate of undercard bouts will be announced shortly. For more information, visit www.goldenboypromotions.com and follow on Twitter at @GoldenBoyBoxing, @_SelcukAydin, @MikeDallJr, @TwinCharlo, @TheJointLV, @hardrockhotellv, @SHOsports, follow the conversation using or become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GoldenBoyBoxing or www.facebook.com/ShoBoxing.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn’t Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo’s Next Rival?