- Payasito” Hernandez Team will ask for Purse Bid
- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
Jhonatan Romero Quotes
Gary Shaw Productions in association with Thompson Boxing Promotions are proud to announce Jhonatan Romero (23-0, 12 KOs) vs. Kiko Martinez (28-4, 20 KOs) for the IBF junior featherweight title as the co-feature attraction to Daniel Geale (29-1, 15KOs) vs. Darren Barker (25-1, 16KOs) live on HBO Boxing After Dark® on Saturday, August 17, 2013.
The 12-round championship bout will take place at the Revel Casino-Hotel, Atlantic City’s newest and largest casino resort. Ticket prices start at $30 and are on sale now at all Ticketmaster locations, online at Ticketmaster.com, and by calling 800-745-3000. The HBO Boxing After Dark Telecast will begin at 9:45 p.m. ET/PT.
Last week Romero put the finishing touches on an excellent training camp and had this to say regarding his upcoming title defense:
On the pressure of defending his world title…
“This is what boxers work towards,” Romero said. “We all want to be champions, but defending what we worked so hard for is the best kind of challenge to embrace. I have the same motivation and focus going into this fight as I have had for others, but getting this victory will prove to everyone that I have staying power in the junior featherweight division.”
On his training camp and relationship with famed Colombian trainer Orlando Pineda…
“Orlando and I have a great relationship and it shows in our training sessions,” Romero said. “He knows when to push me and when to scale back. There is an ebb and flow to any training camp and its important to have someone that understands where you are mentally and physically. He and I are the same in that we have a tireless work ethic.”
On his opponent Kiko Martinez…
“I know he has a lot of power in either hand so we will have to watch out for that,” Romero said. “He’s a worthy opponent that is looking to knock me down, but I’m not going to let that happen.”
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- Golovkin vs. Geale: Will Daniel thrive or try to survive?
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes